Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RJS "No More Fried Thighs" install (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHTC
I agree with the ty-wrap install, very cheesy. But I have the HD one's and they don't look anything like these. The HD one's actually bolt to the frame and are a nice clean install.
I agree with you, the HD heat shields look a lot better than these, but still don't provide the protection while sitting at a traffic light. I took the HD shields off my wife's Trike and gave them to a forum member.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:34 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

okay...so you blew me off.

Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might have to start looking at something along these lines...now that it is warming up a bit I am feeling some heat at the thigh area....not really down by my calf or the cat area though....

Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Ron, please.....this thread is for my install.

~Joe
Sorry Joe, were we not suppose to comment on the install and how they look?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Sharp Bike, but I must say...I'm not impressed at all with the way you have to install them. Ty- wraps??? I heard they are made of aluminum with vinyl cover? If they are touching your side cover's, you will have rub marks for sure. Glad I bought Captain Itch Crotch Coolers now for sure!!! These don't look any different than the HD heat shields. They didn't work very well.
Yeah they install with ty-wraps so you can adjust them for different bikes! They do the same thing as the Capt's but have a little different styling. The tys only hold them where you want them.

And it appears that the HD ones (the plastic Kury look alikes that bolt instead of glue on) dont do much at all.....

DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS>.......Capt's look ok for the fat crowd.. RJ's for the streamlined and HD/Kury for the slant crowd

Old 05-08-2011, 10:14 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Once the seat is installed, they are held firmly in place....the tie wraps only hold them when the seat is off. Of all the models available, this one follows the lines of the bike best.

This thread was intended to seve as a "how to" for those interested in this, not for a bash-fest/his bike looks cheesy~shitty board.

~Joe

Old 05-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Once the seat is installed, they are held firmly in place....the tie wraps only hold them when the seat is off. Of all the models available, this one follows the lines of the bike best.

This thread was intended to seve as a "how to" for those interested in this, not for a bash-fest/his bike looks cheesy~shitty board.

~Joe
ENTIRELY agree Joe. There already is a thread for that, just sticking up for ya!

RJ does have a page with the install instructions as well. That is where I got my instructions because I bought mine 2nd hand from someone here.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

deleted

Last edited by mike5511; 05-09-2011 at 03:45 AM. Reason: I wanted to.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronp42
...If they are touching your side cover's, you will have rub marks for sure....These don't look any different than the HD heat shields. They didn't work very well.
"If they are touching your side cover's, you will have rub marks for sure"... Not a true statement. Have had mine for 3 years and not a mark on the bike.

"These don't look any different than the HD heat shields."... You gotta be shidding me Ron! HD shields are plastic looking after thought add-ons. Ray Charles could see the difference. RJ's look like they belong on the scoot. They match the texture of my HD seat.

"They didn't work very well"... Did you install them correctly? Don't know what the difference in your bike versus mine, but they fixed my problem. "No More Fried Thighs" is not just another silly slogan. It is a true statement...

Last edited by Olde Skool; 05-09-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 AM
whodares
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look nice Traveler...thanks for posting!

Quick Reply: RJS "No More Fried Thighs" install (PICS)