Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another HUGE fan of George Anderson's relocation kit!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Tripp_HPjunkie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bookmarked

Old 01-28-2012, 02:43 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,627 Likes on 21,679 Posts

Will these work with the chopped tour pak?
I've heard that some have had difficulty w/getting them configured...

Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Mouse in my cup
Intermediate

Do you still have this? I have a 99 Ultra.

Originally Posted by easyryder01
If anyone is looking for a George Anderson model for their RG or Ultra Classic mine will fit from 1999-2008. Let me know new is $175.00 I'm asking $145.00 shipped. I will pay for the hardware difference that has to be ordered from George Anderson to fit whatever year bike within those years. Let me know 516-934-0580. I can't fit this one on the '09-'12. Thanks let me know.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine last week from Skratch on here: He had it advertised in the classifieds! I also saw a couple on ebay. After I got the one from Skratch, I called George and ordered a bolt kit, man what a nice guy. Sent me the bolts, extra 1/2 round spacer and directions for 11 bucks plus shipping. Can't beat that with a big stick. I was going to order the relocator this spring, but when I saw the ad for Skratch's it was a no brainer..Am installing it along with the shields from No More Fried Thighs today and the running board spacer kit I got off ebay.

Joe

Old 01-29-2012, 11:07 AM
azwiz
Intermediate

anyone have any pics? also what is the web site for these?

thanks
Steve

Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by azwiz
anyone have any pics? also what is the web site for these?

thanks
Steve

I don't think he has a web site.

Attached Thumbnails Another HUGE fan of George Anderson's relocation kit!-george-anderson-relokit.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished installing the GA relocator I bought from Skratch(on here). Man that was so easy. I removed the seat and the two plastic ties that held the wiring to the frame. By doing that I could position the tour pack on the frame the pad and speaker pods helped hold it there. . That way I didn't have to try and hold the tour pack while positioning the relocator on the rails. After that the install was simple and very easy. I think Momma is going to like the extra room. Now I have to get a pad made to fill in the space behind the seat...She has a black pillow we will use for now...Thanks George for such an outstanding product and thanks Skratch for selling it to me..

Joe

Last edited by PDDGM; 01-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:55 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PDDGM
Just finished installing the GA relocator I bought from Skratch(on here). Man that was so easy. I removed the seat and the two plastic ties that held the wiring to the frame. By doing that I could position the tour pack on the frame the pad and speaker pods helped hold it there. . That way I didn't have to try and hold the tour pack while positioning the relocator on the rails. After that the install was simple and very easy. I think Momma is going to like the extra room. Now I have to get a pad made to fill in the space behind the seat...She has a black pillow we will use for now...Thanks George for such an outstanding product and thanks Skratch for selling it to me..

Joe
I installed my GA tourpack re-locator last month. I bought the pad that Kuryakyn has, took the stitching apart on curved side, removed the foam padding trimed to fit between the tourpack ( farthest setting back ) and had my neighbor trim and sew the vinyl back up.

I also made a plate to cover the gap between the rails. I bought a 1/4" thick plastic cutting board and trimed it to fit. The extra plastic material I cut in sections to make a filler strip so the plate would sit flat. A couple of button head bolts to hold the strips to the plate some velcro tabs to keep the plate and filler pad in place when Im riding solo and its been good to go.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:57 AM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I ordered mine from George on Wednesday and received it yesterday (Friday). Installed it this morning and it took about an hour to do so. No need to remove the seat or unplug any wiring. I took off my saddle bags and tilted the tour pack forward so it rested on the passenger seat. When removing the final bolt I let the top of the tour pack close on top of my arms so I did not need a second person. I did need to re-route the cable connected to the right antenna so as to relieve the tension created by moving the pack back. Make sure you have blue locktite on hand also for use on the bolts that secure the relocator to the rack. Overall a very nice piece and easy install.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Tucker99
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dredging this one up to see if any of you guys with the GA kit are also using the Harley quick detach kit? I believe he said it would work but I would like to hear some first hand information. Thanks!