Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines power duals worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 07:03 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vance and Hines power duals worth it?

Had my 2011 RGC with 103 now for over 700 miles. Dealer put on stage one SE air filter and SE mufflers. I went ahead and got some black V/H black power duals. Right now bike really runs great, some heat off cat but not unbearable. Good idea to continue with mod and race tuner?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:45 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I installed them to get rid of the cat and the heat that comes with it.

Not sure where you're located but traffic around here can be a real pita and a bitch in the summer. I found my bike would get really hot on the right side right where the cat was. The PD's all but eliminated that problem as well allowing the bike to breathe a bit better. Bumped up the sound on the pipes a bit as well. Didn't need to remap either. It was worth it to me but I doubt any bike that didn't have a cat would benefit much.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:15 AM
slughill
Road Captain
Received 339 Likes on 175 Posts

Love mine, 2011 ultra classic 96". Did power duals ,stage 1,kerker slip-ons, and a race tuner with fat map to run her a litle rich during break in. Foundation is laid for the 103" big bore this fall.no real heat issues. Have fun with it.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master

Do yourself a favor and resell that Power Dual. I had one and although it looked good, that was about it. The power chamber hangs down so low on the right side that it will scrape the ground when going around right handers, and no, my bike was not lowered. I changed it out for Fuel Moto headpipe with cross chamber. Very quality piece, very impressed. Re dynoed bike and got more tq and hp than the V&H power dual.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 87 Posts

'10 RK Power Duals , Power Commander and AR big sucker...Unusual as I use the stock mufflers. Nice sound good power and no excess heat. Only disadvantage is not being able to Dyna tune because of baffles in the mufflers but it runs great the way it is.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

I love my PowerDuals, get alot of comments on them as well, they make great hp and tq, mine did 90hp and 102tq with 204 cams, funny though I have never drug my power duals and I was on the dragon the other day, anyway I would recommend them highly.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:52 AM
dspencer
Road Captain

Thanks for feedback. Anyone have pics especially on a RGC but any if u that responded would love to see them on your bike. Thanks

Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NELS
'10 RK Power Duals , Power Commander and AR big sucker...Unusual as I use the stock mufflers. Nice sound good power and no excess heat. Only disadvantage is not being able to Dyna tune because of baffles in the mufflers but it runs great the way it is.
cant dyno tune because you have stock mufflers with the Power Duals ?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
cant dyno tune because you have stock mufflers with the Power Duals ?
Tuner told me he couldn't get the sniffer up the muffler and was going to get an adapter to remove the 02 sensor and sniff from there. He never did get back to me although I called a couple of times. Am I missing something per your question?

Old 05-29-2011, 03:42 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NELS
Tuner told me he couldn't get the sniffer up the muffler and was going to get an adapter to remove the 02 sensor and sniff from there. He never did get back to me although I called a couple of times. Am I missing something per your question?
your mufflers are stock ? meaning the orginal ones from Harley ? i know one side of the stock mufflers looks like its almost blocked off... most of the heat comes from the left side muffler when stock.

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines power duals worth it?