Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best bet for quieter aftermarket headpipe and slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:44 AM
gregsdart
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Jackpot 3.5 inch mufflers, and went from the standard baffle to the quiet baffle. They also have an insert for the quiet baffle, but I didn't need it.Works great for me, and we seem to want the same thing. Jackpot now offers a 4 inch muffler, which should be deeper tone, a little less Db than the 3.5 just because it has more volume in the muffler body. Call them to confirm.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Allen Dye
Cruiser

I went with the FuelMotos ceramic coated catless header pipe to get rid of some of the heat and a set of Supertrapp Fatshots mufflers to get the sound I wanted. By adding or subtracting discs you can make them as quiet or as loud as you want. With ten discs, it will bark a little when you get on it but at a steady 60 to 70 mph it is only a little louder than stock. Much deeper sounding though. The perfect balance between sounding like a Harley and being so loud it makes your ears hurt.

Last edited by Allen Dye; 06-03-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a fellow rider who did the fullsac head pipe and the V&H monster ovals and it sounds exactly like what you want. Deep rumble but not too loud. I ordered a set for my 2011 RKC and they are getting installed next wednesday along with a race tuner and stage 1 aircleaner. If you take out the headpipe or CAT, you have to get a supertuner. I did a lot of investigating and talked with a Harley master technician that I trust.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:11 AM
kdfcogwheel
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
What are you using for a head pipe?
I am using the stock 2-1-2 headpipe with cat. Couldn't see the need to change them. A friend had true duals and SuperTrapps w/fish tails and found it improved by going back to the stock pipes w/crossover on his 07 Ultra Classic.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 914 Likes on 549 Posts

2011 FLHR Just added V/H Fuelpak, V/H vo2 a/c and American Custom slip-ons with the mid-rumble baffles. The pipes are just a tad louder than stock, can't imagine what it would sound like with their street-friendly baffles. I'm still running the stock headpipe w/cat but will be doing something about that soon. A previous poster said you can buy a new headpipe from the stealer, do you know how much they're asking for them?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
2011 FLHR Just added V/H Fuelpak, V/H vo2 a/c and American Custom slip-ons with the mid-rumble baffles. The pipes are just a tad louder than stock, can't imagine what it would sound like with their street-friendly baffles. I'm still running the stock headpipe w/cat but will be doing something about that soon. A previous poster said you can buy a new headpipe from the stealer, do you know how much they're asking for them?
P/N is 65600063 and list price is$379.95

Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Coach1
Tourer

Monster Ovals were my first choice, sound and performance. Price and size had me on the fence. I ended up with Kuryakyn Crushers....was told "best bang for the buck". I'm happy with performance, quality, appearance. Quiet at idle, hwy cruising.....will bark with throttle. Classified as epa compliant. Both are manufactured by V&H.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 914 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by 03dragonRK
P/N is 65600063 and list price is$379.95
OUCH!!! More than one way to skin a cat!!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
OUCH!!! More than one way to skin a cat!!
Yes, but cheaper then buying a aftermarket head pipe. The only time I would need this is if my state starts to do emission testing. So my thoughts were buy an aftermarket head pipe for around $480 and keep my stock one for emissions, or gut my stock unit and buy a new one when needed.
I also figured that I could get one for 20% off, or pick up a take off for around $100.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
xkvator
Tourer

the 2010/11 headpipe with CAT lists for almost $700 from HD...

Quick Reply: Best bet for quieter aftermarket headpipe and slip-ons