Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAS ANYONE TRIED SONY DSX-S200X or 300BTX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 01:31 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 235 Likes on 144 Posts
Default HAS ANYONE TRIED SONY DSX-S200X or 300BTX?

I saw these the the other day & thought they looked really nice if using an ipod. They have a tray built into the receiver with a direct connection for an ipod. I was wondering how well they worked for controlling the ipod with the biketronics adapter? The 200 is about $150 & the 300 is $200, the 300 has bluetooth, but one of the reviews said it wasn't much good for an iphone if you were using it for music & phone purposes since reception is drastically reduced with the iphone inside the receiver. It sounds great for an ipod though, you don't need a mount & cord, very clean!

Old 07-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

I'm about to mount a DSX-S100 with Biketronics adapter. I think it is last years version of the 200 you are asking about. Same deal with the tune tray for the iPod.

I'll post back my thoughts when I get it done. Just waiting on another set of speakers which should be here mid week.

Zach

Old 07-24-2011, 01:59 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks, ya I think the 200 had a couple of more features, I looked at all of them & decided I'd go in the middle if I get one. I don't need the bluetooth on the bike, that's why I'm out riding, to get away from the phone & everything else!

Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 100 in my aftermarket woodys fairing for my fatboy. I love it. I do not have an IPhone, just an IPOD. Friends have had me put their IPHONES in it to charge while we are on trips. The only thing I do not like is the shuffle mode. I have yet to figure it out. I just plays part of one until you hit it again to keep it on that song. Kinda PIA on the bike. You can also use anyother usb music player which is nice. Great way to keep the IPOD out of sight. I do not understand why anyone would get a cd player now a days. IPODS and other usb drive is how we all listen to music now a days so get a receiver that is designed for it.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I also just picked up a 100 as part of a future project. I currently have a Sony cd player in an aftermarket fairing. I was using an i-pod on a handle bar mount, but got caught in the rain and didn't get it off quick enough. i-pod is toast.

So, as part of the project the i-pod will go in the head unit. But I loose the control interphase I used The I-pod for.

So to finished the project I need to add handle bar controls. I looked at the Biketronics BT-1012 but the switches external mount idea doesn't cut it. So I'm going to have to change the lower half of the controls and add the HD switches and use the pac controller to hook everything up.

I have 12 inch apes with internal wiring and it's going to be a pain to add the addition wiring.

I guess thats why I call it a project.

oh, yes it is a Road King.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the ds100 and really like it. At first I used it with my ipod, then I got an iphone and now put that in there. I like it because it stays in there with having to mount it, and it also charges the phone as well. I also got it, along with the kit from biketronics. Be sure you know how to use it before hitting the road. Very easy to be distracted while riding and figuring it out. The only complaint I have is that its hard to see in the sun.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:58 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

Does the biketronics kit allow you to control the iphone or ipod from the hand controls? I would like to be able to move through the song list.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it will allow you to scroll through the playlist you have on your phone, or pod.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM
morespeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found with mine if you out it in shuffle mode then hook it up it shuffles even though they say it is not possible.Other wise it just goes in order . I love it. Nice clean look. I was the first to try it with the biketronics kit. Gotta say it is cool as hell.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM
morespeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put not out sorry.

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE TRIED SONY DSX-S200X or 300BTX?