Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those of you with WildOnes 575 or 577's

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Question for those of you with WildOnes 575 or 577's

I am getting close to making a decision on new bars for my 2010 Ultra Classic. I'm 5'7 with 30' inseam and 34' sleeve length. I can't seem to decide on the 10' 575's or the 12 1/2' 577's. I'm wondering how many of you chose one of these and then wished you had picked the other one. My other question is which one did you choose and how well do you like them by now. My concern with the 575's is being able to get enough pullback with them. On the 577's I feel like I have more to work with because I can probably roll them back farther and still have plenty of height. I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 AM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 348 Likes on 157 Posts

I'm 6'4", 36" sleeve length. My height is in my torso. I got the 575s and am happy with them. My only concern with the taller bars would be that I had 12" apes on my previous Road King, and after a while, my hands would start to go to sleep. Hopefully some who are closer to your build will chime in.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I did the 575 and looked into various apes and mini-apes. The ape style, while it can be rotated back some, would look goofy in the words of a PYO representative. I wanted back, not up, and the 575 come back the stated 2" and are a bit wider than stock. The extra width gives some of the back and keeps a good wrist angle and position. I have only done a couple of hour long rides since I installed them, needed a +4 clutch cable only, and am happy so far. I am about your size with slightly short arms and these allow me to sit back more in the seat and backrest. Bonus advantage is the Mustang low down seat feels better sitting back more. Esthetically, they are a nice looking bar, very well made and the internal wiring really cleans it up. Happy with this add.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am the same height and inseam as you. I chose the 575's as well because I wanted more pull back I rolled mine down so the stock fairing mirrors were not an issue and it gave me a little more pull back . I don't feel like I am hanging on the bars anymore and I sit back in my C&C seat and I don't have to lean forward. The wrist angle was far an away better to. I really enjoy these bars now. I have made a bunch of long rides with them they were really comfortable!!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got 575's and have gone the opposite way than most who have already posted. I have mine as far forward as they will go without touching inner fairing.

I'm happy with these bars but would like to try out a set of 577's. You are about 3" shorter in height and 2" shorter inseam than me so I imagine you are likely sitting a little closer to the tank so the 575's might fit you better.

The real advantage of the 575's is the only thing you really need is a +4" clutch cable. All the other wiring will fit. With 577's you will likely need to extend the wiring as well.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 AM
m361
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 5'11, not sure about my sleeve length. I've got the 575's and I am moderately happy with them. They didn't totally eliminate the pain between the shoulder blades for me, but definately help reduce the pain. I am also running a Mustang seat which sits a little lower and I sit a little farther back so that may be partially to blame.

One big advantage was I did not have to change or extend any cables or wires. One issue I had was the clutch cable, but I pulled it out of the fairing and there was plenty of length. I probably will add the longer clutch cable eventually just for the cleaner look. I did not run the wires through the bars though.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Love my 577s. Did some 575s for some friends and to me they aren't that big a change from stock. Used +6 on the clutch and brake. Wires will reach if you reroute the fairing side of the harness down each side of the radio with the 577s.

Attached Thumbnails Question for those of you with WildOnes 575 or 577's-photo029.jpg  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:18 AM
hamnhog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
Love my 577s. Did some 575s for some friends and to me they aren't that big a change from stock. Used +6 on the clutch and brake. Wires will reach if you reroute the fairing side of the harness down each side of the radio with the 577s.
Are the 577's the same width and wrist angle as the 575's?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 PM
Bunky012
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified Wild One 575

I bought my brand new 2010 Street Glide with Harley-Davidson extended reach handlebars put on it, but they weren't back far enough on my motorcycle. I had used these HD reduced reach handlebars on previous bikes. On both the previous bikes I was able to put them on 4 inch risers, which is impossible to do on a street glide. I kept looking for handle bars to decrease the reach by a couple of inches (more than HD) reduced reach bars. I thought I found some in the Wild One 575, because it stated it had a 10 inch rise and a 13 inch pull back. With a 10 inch rise and a 13 inch pull back the radius, around the clamp, of the bars should have been around 16.4 inches. I bought the bars but their 10 inch rise and 13 inch pull back measurements don't agree with the way I measured them, anyway I ended up having the bars cut on the vertical part, the tips brought in from 34 inches to 32 inches and the bar extended by two and a half inches on both of the vertical bars. I had to use 6 inch additional cable length on both brake and clutch cables. This bar is tilted back towards me and does a great job, missing the gas tank and not hitting my chest or any part of my stomach or anything. I love these bars. I called up the design engineer at Wild One and told him what I did and a year later they came out with the Wild One 576, 577 and 578. I believe if I were going to get a new bike I would go with the WO577 which would probably be closest to my extended 575. 2.5 inches higher then the factory WO575. My hands are still behind the fairing and out of the wind.

Last edited by Bunky012; 01-23-2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: edit mistakes
Old 01-23-2017, 10:57 PM
flhxs103
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hamnhog
Are the 577's the same width and wrist angle as the 575's?
I have the 577 and wish I went higher but I still love them.
I do believe they are the same width and pullback.

Quick Reply: Question for those of you with WildOnes 575 or 577's