Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mp3's to CD

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:18 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mp3's to CD

Another hand in the air for I Tunes

Old 11-12-2006, 02:26 PM
NClakeguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody here can help me figure out the volume piece of this. I have done fine with burning the MP3, but always end up with 150 songs that play at different sound levels. I then have to adjust the volume on each track. That is a pain in the A$$. Thanks in advance and hope this is not concidered hijacking

Old 11-12-2006, 02:33 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

In Itunes under preferences, playback, check "sound check" automatically adjust song playback volume to same level.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:34 PM
crp5
Cruiser

Need a little help here with I-tunes. Have tried converted to MP3 format and still only get 15-20 songs per cd. Read the help section and thought I followed the directions. Obviously not. Would appreciate someone posting a step by step as it seems I am an idiot and can't make sense of Apples directions. Thanks

Old 11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
NClakeguy
Cruiser

I dont have I Tunes
ORIGINAL: 60mike06FLHX

In Itunes under preferences, playback, check "sound check" automatically adjust song playback volume to same level.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:12 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harleynole

I am attempting to burn a CD for all my road songs. After searching past post re: MP3 I have converted my WMA files to MP3 format. When I attempt to burn my CD, I get about 15 - 18 songs on my edit list and the remainder say "will not fit". Some MP3 post say you can get 10 hours worth of music on one CD.

What am I doing wrong???
Just to summarize.... copy the MP3 files to your CD as data (if using Media Player don't use Make Music CD) - the easiest way is to just put all your MP3 files into a folder to copy to the CD.... at this point you're limited only by number of files in top level (home directory) of the CD at 255 files. You can copy to subfolders on the CD, which would allow more songs, but my HK radio doesn't seem to always "see" the subfolders. 200+ songs will get you pretty far down the road. I use MediaPlayer set to rip at 192K bits - (Tools, Options, Rip Music) - sound quality is more than adequate for playback on anything but a high end stereo (computer speakers, mp3 player, cage stereo, or the OEM HK radio).

Nero, Itunes, Dell MusicMatch, MediaPlayer and RealPlayer are all serviceable programs for ripping music - that part is up to you for playback and management of your music library.

I second the motion to stay away from limewire - besides skirting copyright laws the quality of the recordings and the accuracy of the ID3 tags leaves much to be desired. Allmusic, eMusic, iTunes (of course) and many others provide a lot of music at a very reasonable price. There's really no need to hassle with copyright issues. That being said, make sure you make back up copies of your DRM licenses if you download from MSN Music - it's a real hassle to get those restored (experience).

Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: NClakeguy

Anybody here can help me figure out the volume piece of this. I have done fine with burning the MP3, but always end up with 150 songs that play at different sound levels. I then have to adjust the volume on each track. That is a pain in the A$$. Thanks in advance and hope this is not concidered hijacking
MP3 Gain

Old 11-12-2006, 08:48 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

First for those that do not have Itunes it is a free download and legal, it works with PC and Mac.

After down loading Itunes.

1. Insert your CD and copy to Itunes library or purchase music, it will automatically go in to Itunes.

2. Create a “Playlist”

3. Insert a blank CD in computer

4. To create an MP3 CD:
1 Choose iTunes > Preferences, click Advanced, and then click Burning.
2 Choose MP3 CD as the Disc Format, and then click OK.
3 Select the playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD, and make sure all the songs you want to include have a checkmark beside them.
4 Click the Burn Disc button (at the bottom of the iTunes window).
5 Insert a blank disc and click Burn Disc again.

If the playlist contains more songs than fit on a CD, iTunes burns only the number of songs that fit on one disc, and then asks you to insert another disc to continue burning the remaining songs.

5. Volume control on playback, under preferences.

1 To have all the songs on the CD play at the same volume, select Use Sound Check.
2 Click OK.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:26 PM
crp5
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 60mike06FLHX

First for those that do not have Itunes it is a free download and legal, it works with PC and Mac.

After down loading Itunes.

1. Insert your CD and copy to Itunes library or purchase music, it will automatically go in to Itunes.

2. Create a “Playlist”

3. Insert a blank CD in computer

4. To create an MP3 CD:
1 Choose iTunes > Preferences, click Advanced, and then click Burning.
2 Choose MP3 CD as the Disc Format, and then click OK.
3 Select the playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD, and make sure all the songs you want to include have a checkmark beside them.
4 Click the Burn Disc button (at the bottom of the iTunes window).
5 Insert a blank disc and click Burn Disc again.

If the playlist contains more songs than fit on a CD, iTunes burns only the number of songs that fit on one disc, and then asks you to insert another disc to continue burning the remaining songs.

5. Volume control on playback, under preferences.

1 To have all the songs on the CD play at the same volume, select Use Sound Check.
2 Click OK.

I hope this helps.
That is exactly what I needed. Thank you

Old 11-12-2006, 10:39 PM
NClakeguy
Cruiser

Thanks
ORIGINAL: Monstermile

ORIGINAL: NClakeguy

MP3 Gain

Quick Reply: Mp3's to CD