Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.D. premium ride shocks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:59 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HighLiner
My shocks didn't come with any instructions and I see they aren't available online. Is there a chart for recommended settings like in the owners manual?
I'll see if I still have the instruction sheet, pretty sure I still have it, just have to FIND it.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Black Diamond 110
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the adjustment info from my SE Street Glide manual. These are the best shocks Harley has put on a scooter I've ever tossed a leg over. Not as good as the WORKS shocks I have on my SE Road King but they will do for now. FWIW.

JW

Attached Thumbnails H.D. premium ride shocks.-scan0001-1040-x-740-.jpg   H.D. premium ride shocks.-scan-1040-x-740-.jpg  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,854 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Deleted!

Last edited by grbrown; 08-11-2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Poor memory!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey springer 03. Was wondering how you made out with the H.D. premium ride shocks? Thanks.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:14 AM
JFDI
Stage III
Default Premium Touring Shocks

I am onto my 3rd Road King - a 2011 Aussie Spec model bought in Feb '11. Fitted the new standard height Premium Touring shocks 5 weeks ago.

Spent the money because my pillion has a back problem and never been happy with the Air Shocks. They would bottom out several times on every ride. Our aussie roads are ****!!

With a Pillion and or luggage, it is like riding a different bike. No bottoming out, much improved handling and for my money, great value to get a comfortable ride and happy pillion.

Best investment I have made on this bike.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:31 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got my Ohlins 3-3 mounted last weekend. I only got to put about 50 miles in them and about 10 miles with a passenger.Plan on a little trip about 200 miles saturday.
I'm a research junkie when I thinking about getting something motorcucle related. I dont care to drop the cash If it will be worth it.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
steelhead
Road Master

I've heard nothing but good reports on the Ohlins so not bashing them at all. I can't compare them to the premium HD but can give a review of the HDs. They came stock on my CVO SG and my first impression was they were far to stiff. Felt like I was riding a hard tail. Once I got them adjusted right though, they are a very sweet shock. Much better than the stock air shocks or a couple of progressive shocked bikes I have ridden.

(you mileage may vary)

Old 11-18-2011, 11:06 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,854 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Originally Posted by steelhead
I've heard nothing but good reports on the Ohlins so not bashing them at all. I can't compare them to the premium HD but can give a review of the HDs. They came stock on my CVO SG and my first impression was they were far to stiff. Felt like I was riding a hard tail. Once I got them adjusted right though, they are a very sweet shock. Much better than the stock air shocks or a couple of progressive shocked bikes I have ridden.

(you mileage may vary)
That's encouraging. Perhaps Harley has at last come up with a rear suspension worthy of the brand. They should come on all touring bikes as standard spec.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like HD has a winner in these products. I am pretty sure everyone will agree that Ohlins is the holy grail of suspension, and I don't think anyone is trying to say that these HD upgrades are better. But they do get good reviews and come at a lower price point. Factor in CVO take offs on Ebay, and 20% off dealers, they are a good deal.

I will be upgrading my shocks next year. Not sure how much more I will be willing to spend on my bike. 1st choice is Ohilins 3-3, but my second choice would be the HDs. I am 100% confident I will be 100% more satisfied than stock with either purchase.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:16 AM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by springer 03
I've heard that Ohlins were pretty good. Has anybody tried the premium shocks by H.D. and not liked them?
That's like saying you've heard that Ferrari's are pretty fast...

I've tried em - nothing to write home about. Progressive 440s or 940s are better. Ohlins are a LOT better.

Quick Reply: H.D. premium ride shocks.