Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tequila Sunrise/Orange '12 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Coach1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help distinguish left from right?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:14 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As most have said here within, Lots of choices and different folks have different tastes, but having said that, I am question where HD design and paint shop has their "Head" at these days. Again everyone has an opinion, but orange on orange with nothing to make the colors work off each other , and would it have been so bad to make the flake orange pop with some HD Black ! ....Yeah I know it has been done before, but really has the design team run out of ideas here, I have ordered a Metallic Pearl (black w/metal flake) & Brilliant Sliver Pearl Ultra Limited, but I must admit the Ltd Paint design does not seem to match the lines of the bike as well as the Ultra Classic although this paint design is getting a bit long in the tooth. Maybe HD needs to inject some new blood into the paint and design dept ? Seems when they start pushing the new colors, they can't seem to get the design right , which is a shame. Anyone got a pic of the Metallic Pearl & Silver they can fire to me ?

Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone notice this color scheme comes with chrome bag latches? All the other SG's come with color matched latches.

Just a note.

~Joe

Old 08-21-2011, 11:52 PM
roborob
Advanced

Noticed the chrome bag latches right away,Another piece of chrome I wont have to buy,probably already did somewhere in the price. 21 inch chrome front wheel is next on my list.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,480 Likes on 2,478 Posts

It's interesting, but I think I would prefer it on a bike that didn't have as many painted parts.. Like a Sporty, or a SuperGlide or something like that. Would look great on a SuperGlide Custom,but on a bagger--it's too much "paint".

Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Saw this color for the 1st time last weekend at my local dealer and I love it! I just listed my 2011 Ducati Diavel on Ebay & Craiglist after seeing it. I intend on keeping my 2010 SG which I use for 2up riding, I have the lowers & detach Tourpak on that bike.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw it on a Fatboy. I like orange but this just isn't my cup o' tea. I'm sure you will never lose it in a crowd though.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw Street Glide at the dealer in Albert, Lea MN on the way and a Super Glide Custom at Sturgis in that color. I think the Super Glide looked better in those colors than did the Street Glide. JMO

I do like the tank decal though. Anything that isn't raised up to catch all kinds of wax gets a thumbs up from me.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Roger C6R
Advanced

Originally Posted by roborob
Noticed the chrome bag latches right away,Another piece of chrome I wont have to buy,probably already did somewhere in the price. 21 inch chrome front wheel is next on my list.
I've been waiting for an Orange bike for years, the SG was not my first choice because in my opinion the SG wheels are to put it bluntly FUGLY!!! IMO, I was considering the RK Classic so I could do the fish tail white wall old style routine, but when I walked into the dealer this SG had the optional laced smooth wheels that by the way are now tubeless, the chrome wheels makes a big difference, when you get chrome wheels you will love your bike even more.
IMO the nostalgic logo on the tank also plays well with chrome wheels, I went a step further and replaced the floor boards with standard D shaped ones so I could the nostalgic inserts, ( I also wanted the larger passenger board for the wife), I was riding my bike two weeks before the local dealer had them, and every were I went it turned heads.
I just love the variations of colors from the metalic part of the paint job, and I just love orange bikes.
I have to say that I've walked out of the dealer in 08,09,10, and 11 because the color simply did not impress, with the exception of Sedona Orange Harley's paint department had been asleep at the wheel for many years, and I don't even want to mention the horrendous flat colors.......but then again everyone's taste is different, it would be a boring world if all the bikes were the same color.

Last edited by Roger C6R; 08-24-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, congrats.

As the miles click by...you will come to be even more happy that you made this purchase.

I seriously don't want another bike.

~Joe

Quick Reply: Tequila Sunrise/Orange '12 Street Glide