Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani or Rinehart??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bassani or Rinehart??

I don't know if you seen them but those megaphones stick way out past the bags.

But everyone has a different taste.

I personally like the sound of the RH's

Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

ORIGINAL: wnogood

Basically stock bike......Bassani

Large displacement, high compression bike....Rineharts

I had to learn the hard way. I have heard both and they both sound good. The larger headpipes on the Rineharts hurt low end torque.

nogood o~`o
I would agree only if you are including most 95" builds as basically stock. The Bassani's work well for 95" high comp builds as well. I've seen some dynos (check the Latus Motors Dyno Library) over 100/100 using the power curve system. Of course it's hard to say if the Rhieharts would outperform on those engines as it's rare to see a side by side, same bike, same day, true comparison. I would say the larger head pipe of the Rhineharts would start to really benefit 100 inch plus builds.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either system. I had the Bassani Power Curve on my '99 Road King I just sold. It was a low compression 95" build that made 85/95. No big deal, but I would likely have lost TQ if the Rhineharts were on there. Plus, the sound is just different enough on the Bassani to make them stand out in the crowd. People like to comment that the curve makes excess heat, but I have yet to hear that comment from anyone that has actually had the system. I know it is not a complaint of mine and I put 20,000 miles on that bike with those pipes.

My Dad has Rhineharts on his basically stock SG and they work great too.

Sorry, I was a little unclear about the Bassani. They will probably do just fine on a mild to mid-range build too. But they would be my first choice for a stocker. The Rineharts have a great sound, but they suck for low end torque on a basically stock bike.

nogood o~`o

Old 11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bassani Power Curve doesn't need to be dynoed to be right. They are engineered to be right out of the box. At lest that's the scoop that sold me on them and they work well for me.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Between the 2, I would have to go with the Bassani also. The power curve is unique. Rhineharts are nice, and sound nice. The problem with the Rhineharts (around here anyway) is 99% of the baggers are running them and they all sound pretty much the same. The other thing I don't like is that you must run thier muffs.
I went with Bubs cross dressers and Rush muffs. Nice unique sound that knowone else has. A good power jump on my mostly stock 88 motor too.

Just my .02,
Doug

Old 11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Mr Wnogood, I have the identical bike as yours with the stock motor. I installed rineharts and I didn't notice any tourqe loss by the seat of the pants but I didn't notice any gain either. I was curious if it was something that you noticed riding or if was a dyno result? The other thing I noticed was a huge top end increase, bike pulls like a freight train above 3000 rpm, which was really noticable.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Scottys RoadGilde
Cruiser

I saw somebody posted the link to American Classic Motors. I got a deal through them last year. Vance and Hines headers with the Rinehart slip ons. It was a good deal and I love the combination. I love the way it sounds when I crack the throttle and it starts to hammer. If I want to be quiet in the mornings I can still soft pedal it and not upset the neighbors. Either was, both are quality pipes.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Dante
Advanced

How about using the bassani true dual header pipes on my 07 Street Glide and the Rhinehart slipons? Would this work? Equal pipes for easy tuning and rhineharts, cause I like the black tips? Comments???

Old 11-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Scottys RoadGilde
Cruiser

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:54 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

Bassini......all the way