Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Young for an Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok I was riding baggers in my 20's.... I dont fit the mold but I never have...

The following users liked this post:
Long lonesome highwayman (04-17-2019)
Old 09-07-2011, 10:25 AM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

34 when I got my FLHT... got tired of my neck hurting from holding my head up in the wind on my NightTrain! I have done alot to it to "young it up", but I do it to everything I own! You should see my riding mower!

Benji

Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

36 and bought my Electra Glide, don't care if I fit the bill or not, its comfortable and the wife loves it!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

trust me i know all about the whole "your too young for that bike" speach lol im 23 riding a 2011 FLHX. it all depends on how ride and the style you like i traded my 05 datboy for it. nobody can pick mine of of the group. when i ask why its for older ppl they usually say those are too expensive for the young ppl and cant afford them till later in life. wtf lol?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
jjpish
Road Captain

43 and just bought a 11 Ultra Classic. Had an 03 RKC before that. My wife did not want the Ultra thought we were not old enough...She rode with me on Saturday and Sunday and said "I know this is gonna come back and bite me, but I reallylike the ride and I have been noticing a lot of young guys riding Ultras..."

But honestly who cares what anyone else thinks they are awesome bikes.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Ultra Dare
Advanced

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
trust me i know all about the whole "your too young for that bike" speach lol im 23 riding a 2011 FLHX. it all depends on how ride and the style you like i traded my 05 datboy for it. nobody can pick mine of of the group. when i ask why its for older ppl they usually say those are too expensive for the young ppl and cant afford them till later in life. wtf lol?
I didn't ask anyone for their opinion prior to buying my Ultra. I had seen a few large framed guys on t.v. with them (ie Toby Keith, Trace Atkins and some football players). However We do not get many celebrities in Maine, so I knew Id hear the comments. My wife bought a Dyna Low Rider shortly after the Ultra. She rode all that season until trying the Ultra in October. Of course she waited until I was gone to try the bigger bike. But, that evening she had a bill of sale for a Street Glide. Four of our regular riding buds ride Electra Glides of sorts. I think it looks super cool to see half dozen of them coming down the road.
Hey, do those fake Electra Glide clip on fairings for metric bikes bother you guys?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 AM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ultras are not just for older riders anymore. I'm 39 and have a Street Glide that I plan to upgrade with some of the Ultra extras.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
de1buzz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I am your age at 38 and in the army. Do I get crap for riding an ultra hell yes but after a long ride eveyone is envious. It really comes down to how you ride not your age. There is alot you can do with a bagger to customize but it still remains a comfortable ride.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 AM
sawbones25
Cruiser

I was 30 when I bought my first Electra-Glide. It was just a Standard though. Couldn't afford a Classic or Ultra at the time.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 545 Posts

I got my CVO Street Glide when I was 29. For me, the transition from sportbike to Harley was easy. I was tired of my knees hurting for days after I came back from a long ride.

Also, my type of riding is all touring. Sure, I ride around town, but living in Colorado, it's really easy to throw down 400+ miles a day on the weekends. I wanted bags to hold my stuff, and I wanted something that I could ride with my wife, and let her experience rides too. Bought a detachable tourpak too, so we can do overnighters easily if we want.

Don't feel bad about the age thing. If I could swing it, I would have a 2012 CVO Road Glide, but I'm trying to be responsible for a change!

Quick Reply: Young for an Ultra?