Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,928 Likes on 21,508 Posts

I wasn't overly impressed w/mine either.
However for the most part though, MCC makes more happy than unhappy.

That's why it's better to catch MCC @ a rally, and have them do it on the spot and then if you're not happy, they can try and make it right for you, and you will save $80 on the shipping to boot.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Bdeuce12
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts

I will share another issue I had with them that isn't as bad but was upsetting to me. I called to have a seat done with them. I went over everything I wanted to do, they gave me their advise it was great! Came down to price and I was quoted an exact amount for the work and an approximation of the shipping charges. I waited for my overtime check to come in and was ready to set up an appt for the seat and when I should ship it. I called them a week or two later to lock it down and went over everything and found out the price was considerably higher than a week or two before? So in turn I asked them why and didn't get a legit answer. So I in turn sent it local to have the work done due to not feeling very confident with what had transpired. I'm not knocking their work at all, I've heard it's good! Just don't like to get a price, save up for it then get ready and find out it's $150 higher? Just my$.02

Last edited by Bdeuce12; 09-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:31 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

My experience with them was good. Exactly as promised and reasonably priced. Most people have had good experiences with them. I'm surprised to hear that your's wasn't good. Give them a chance to make it right. I've seen companies change their tune quickly in response to negative threads on this forum. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:41 AM
jackja25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had multiple seats done by MCC, and pleased with everyone. Also agree that it has normally taken anywhere from 500 miles or more did get it broken in. Alan has always been a stand up guy, and corrected an issue that I had very quickly. IMO

Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dosn't sound right ? i live in nebraska it cost me $18 and change to ship my seat to NC USPS ,that included insurance , it was $15 two day fedex back . my seat had a few wrinkles when it came back but they went away buy the time i had rode about 800 miles on it . it also settled down about an inch lower. i had my 2008 FLHRC stock seat lowered about 2.5" and the nose narrowed a cpl inchs .. i had memory foam installed also.

so my total bill with shipping and tax was about $144 . looks great rides comfy a very thrifty deal . way cheaper than a new seat.
i also made a 1650 mile round trip to the blackhills in s.d.over a 4 day weekend on this seat and was comfey the whole ride .

Last edited by baust55; 09-08-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM
hopperop
Banned

Originally Posted by riteway
WOW...coming from someone who has been on the forum for 1 month you sure have been quite observant....I also have a Mean City seat and am very happy..But by your statement of PLENTY of bad reviews we should all be cautious,not just in seat restorations but in every thing we buy.

You don't know me and you don't know how long I have been on this forum. Don't read a name and assume you know everything.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bud of mine had a road glide seat done by them.........he traded the bike in and I put a flhx seat on and kept the MCC seat thinking he had it updated so why give it away..........ANYWAY IT SUCKED!! I wouldnt send them squat.....the most uncomfortable seat I have EVER sat on and my wife has the same opinion...and I have has ALOT of different seats...couldnt go 30 minutes and it was bad.......needless to say its gone!!

I wouldnt waste my money!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
hopperop
Banned

I’ll tell you honestly what I know about Mean City from the experiences of my friends and myself.

1. They can get your order wrong (same as any other company), if they do, it will cost you additional shipping.

2. They can do incredibly poor work.

3. If they do incredibly poor work, just let them know, maybe they have a new guy working for them. They will do their best to fix the problem. It will still cost you extra shipping but sometimes they throw in an extra option for free to make up for it and that extra option could be worth quite a bit more than the shipping costs.

4. Alan seems to be honest and caring, don’t expect perfect, he is human.

5. They can do very good work, many people have been very happy with their seat.

6. I haven’t seen any of their work that will carry a big person (225 lbs +), but then that is somewhat subjective, everyone has their own comfort level, to each their own. Just like Corbin, Mustang or any other seat, some people love them and some hate them. If you are up around 225 lbs, I suggest you look elsewhere.

7. How many of us on this forum have gone through several seats (and every other thing) trying to find what is right for us, hopefully there is a way short of paying for it to find out, but sometimes trial and error is the only way. Mean City is not a bad company and a whole lot better than a lot of them.

Last edited by hopperop; 09-08-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 526 Likes on 364 Posts

Or you guys can go to a local upholsterer and have them do the work for you. For around the same price of getting it shipped and worked on. I paid 120 to get my seat modified/lowered and told them exactly what I wanted.

I was thinking about sending my seat to mean city, but then I realized that I can do it locally.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
hopperop
Banned

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Or you guys can go to a local upholsterer and have them do the work for you. For around the same price of getting it shipped and worked on. I paid 120 to get my seat modified/lowered and told them exactly what I wanted.

I was thinking about sending my seat to mean city, but then I realized that I can do it locally.

Yes, that too. Many times I have bought over the internet only to find out later I could have gotten the same thing locally minus shipping costs.

Quick Reply: Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed