Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need “Mustang One piece LowDown Touring seat” comments

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default I need “Mustang One piece LowDown Touring seat” comments

I’d like comments from you guys who own this seat.
It looks like it moves you forward a little, like the other Mustang seats do.

What do you have this seat on (Ultra, Street Glide, etc, etc) ?
And if you would post your size (height, inseam and weight) too.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I did a pictoral and measurement comparison between the Mustang LD and the stock HD "low" seat that came on my FLHTK on this forum a few weeks ago. Search out the Mustang Low down and you should be able to find it. Riding impressions are that it's hard since there is less foam to cushion the butt. Last trip I bought a gel pad at Wally World and it seems to help but I need to cut it down some. Adding the Wild one 575 let me sit back against the back rest and that helped also. I am going to get either the HD or Kuryiacan (sp) highway pegs made for an EG with lowers and that will spread the load on the seat better. I like being able to flat foot on the ground and have the bike lowered also. 5'67", 30" inseam, 175.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Dragonmaw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 Street Glide:

I am 5'8, 220, 32 inseam

1. Moves you about an inch lower to the ground, probably half of which is pushing your forward.

2. Less cushion, but more back-*** support. As comfortable so far as stock, and its not broken in.

3. Crunches your nuts unless you get positioned just right. Mustangs have that stream-lined front end that sticks forward almost onto your center console. That is where the nut crushage comes from primarily.

I love mine, but oddly enough I don't dig the insertable back rest. With that thing in I am pushed way forward.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:37 PM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it and wasn't happy with it for me... I have a 2010 Road King. I'm 5'10, 280, 30 inch inseam... I found the seat comfortable and I could flat foot easily but it pushed me too far forward. It's a great seat just not a match for me..... I ended up sending it to Mean City to have the seating position pushed back an inch and put their memory foam in. They did good work but it still wasn't right for my personal riding position.... I'm into the seat for $680 now and it's sitting in a box.... I'm entertaining any offers for it! I'm sure it's the perfect seat for somebody...

I've since bought the Harley Hammock seat and couldn't be happier. It is big and bulky but I sink right into it and I'm very comfortable.....

Old 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the seat when it first came out... I really didn't like it. It was a really odd position it put me in. It felt like my gas tank was trying to take advantage of me, if you know what I mean.

In all seriousness. It pushed me up wat to forward, and made the over all seating position very unnatural.

I had it on a SG, I'm 5'10" and about 160 lbs.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dragonmaw
.........................3. Crunches your nuts unless you get positioned just right. Mustangs have that stream-lined front end that sticks forward almost onto your center console. That is where the nut crushage comes from primarily....................
I know what you mean. I put a Sundowner on my 2008 and that's what it did. I didn't keep it long.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks guys, from the looks of the seat that is what I thought it had to do (push you forward and hard).
I had a Mustang on my Fat Boy and it was comfy.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chunker
I did a pictoral and measurement comparison between the Mustang LD and the stock HD "low" seat that came on my FLHTK on this forum a few weeks ago. Search out the Mustang Low down and you should be able to find it. I like being able to flat foot on the ground and have the bike lowered also. 5'67", 30" inseam, 175.
What you couldn't find it? You made me look for it?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...at-w-pics.html

If you are 175 lbs and cramp your *****, then my 225 fat *** ain't gonna fit in the seat either.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Got it for my '10 RK. It pushed me forward to where my junk was on the gas tank. Plus my thighs were pushed so far forward that I was within a inch or so away from the rear cylinder. That was the last straw. By the end of the weekend had it boxed up for return. I got the Mustang Super Tour with the rider's back rest in it's place. Love it!

5'11" 32" inseam 235 LBS.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cptdenny
Got it for my '10 RK. It pushed me forward to where my junk was on the gas tank. Plus my thighs were pushed so far forward that I was within a inch or so away from the rear cylinder. That was the last straw. By the end of the weekend had it boxed up for return. I got the Mustang Super Tour with the rider's back rest in it's place. Love it!

5'11" 32" inseam 235 LBS.
Thanks that's a little encouraging