Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS for 06 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GPS for 06 Ultra Classic

With the trouble they are having with the HD radio I decided to buy the Garmin conquest 2.

I had it mounted to the fairing and it seems to be OK.
Only problem is I had to go to my eye Doc. and have him super tune a prescription for my bifocals. He weekend the bifocal a bit so It concentrates at about 24-30 inches. That way I can see all the small information on the GPS. He left the long vision section on my glasses the same. Had apait of sunglasses made with both lenses and it works great. About $150.00

Leave next week for Fla. and I want to be able to see the GPS.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

Nellybelle, any pics of your set-up?

Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

I use the garmin 2730 which is hardwired to the bike and handlebar mounted using Ram mount system. Plugged into the Aux on the Ultra Radio. The 2730 comes with XM and MP3 capability so I can listen to, MP3's stored on the Grmin or burned to a CD and loaded in the CD drive on the Ultra, also can listen FM, Am, Intercom, CB and the turn by turn directions will over ride the XM or the MP3 on the Garmin but not the other sources.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ultra

I was looking at the Garmin Quest or 2610 - I am now saving my pennies for the Zumo.

Also - Why not take those MP3 tunes and burn a couple CD's in MP3 format.
You can get about 125 songs per CD.
That way you can plug your audio from the GPS into the system.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Basz

Ultra

I was looking at the Garmin Quest or 2610 - I am now saving my pennies for the Zumo.

The problem is that if you are listening to the CD or FM or Am the directions from the Garmin plugged into the AUX will not be heard since the system is not set to listen to AUX.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh - I didn't know that. Thanks

Old 11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Basz

Ultra

I already have the HD MP3 on the bike and using the auxilary port. Is there any other way of accessing the sound system for the GPS? A friend of mine bought the C530 by Garmin and he attached to suction cup over speedo. Apparently, the GPS has a function to tell you how fast you are going. He said he can't hear audio on the highway but can watch the map. What I'd really like is the ability to listen to my music and when the GPS audio goes off it cuts in to give you directions and continues with the music like the CB is set up to do.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Wow, I'd dump the HD MP3 and get the Garmin Zumo. It does MP3 and with the additional XM antenna does XM Radio and TrafficNav. If u are listening to the MP3 or the XM Radio it cuts out the music and u can listen to the directions. Sweet setup, but a little pricey.

I have it mounted on my Sportster right now, minus the XM antenna. Once I get the Ultra the XM antenna is going on it. I'm going with total visual on the Sporty, but if i wanted i could use a Bluetooth Helmet headset (motorola and another company make one), that u can hear the voice commands thru.

This unit was designed with Motorcycle in mind first, auto second, and it comes with both mounts.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:22 PM
RICHINTX
Advanced

Got me Zumo 550 in on Friday. Works great. I checked out the speedometer fuction on it and it is very accurate not that I need that. The only thing I don't like is comes with two cradles one for your bike and one for you car. The power for the car uses a cigarette lighter adapter and the one for the bike has to be hard wired in. I am going to Radio Shack and getting cig plug and splicing it in to use with the lighter on the faring.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

ORIGINAL: alexcue

Wow, I'd dump the HD MP3 and get the Garmin Zumo. It does MP3 and with the additional XM antenna does XM Radio and TrafficNav. If u are listening to the MP3 or the XM Radio it cuts out the music and u can listen to the directions. Sweet setup, but a little pricey.

I have it mounted on my Sportster right now, minus the XM antenna. Once I get the Ultra the XM antenna is going on it. I'm going with total visual on the Sporty, but if i wanted i could use a Bluetooth Helmet headset (motorola and another company make one), that u can hear the voice commands thru.

This unit was designed with Motorcycle in mind first, auto second, and it comes with both mounts.
How does the Bluetooth Helmet headset work? Do you install headset in your own helmet? Has anyone used the TrafficNav? Is it used primarily in large cities or can you get info for local traffic when you're heading home from work? Thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21299/1B3C5DCECBB64680BEC5F8A76CAA1D0C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: GPS for 06 Ultra Classic