Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went down on Bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Accident 10-7-2011
OK I have Congestive heart Failure. I have known I have this for about a year now. This is one of the main reasons I bought a Harley. Almost died last year from it too.

So 220 over 151 in ambulance I knew they were fluffing a pillow for me at the hospital. I spike sometimes. And not being able to stand up laying down beside my bike I am sure was the reason for my spike. (yes I have pills to calm down, Just not on me) Also didnt help I ran out Bp medicine a few days earlier. Ya ya ya heard the speeches please save them. Knee is fine, just jamed it. I was up and walking a couple hours later. 20mg of lisinpril and I was 125 over 72. And after being real rude to a couple doctors. I finally got to see a cardiologist that let me go home the next afternoon. ER Doctors could not release me. I knew this. So they were just lecturing me. I was all set with this. Even the Cardiolgist had not seen my past medical records. But after a EKG and that ultra sound of my heart. He could release me. Also He could tell me about the pain. My numbers were way off. Potassium level was extremely low and elcrolites and something else. I dont reallyliten Just fix me is my motto. But I cramped/ muscle spasm near rib cage. He sent me out door with scripts for more pills and told me to call my cardiologist.

As for my Knee they took xrays. Not broken. No doctor really looked at it (one of the reasons for my rudness to them) No pain pills or ace bandage or even a cane. Hobbled out and went home and took Percs and Motrin. Walking fine after 4 days.

My plans for my bike it take off the 2 tone anv theme and just have it all Copper pearl with some sort of pin stripe. Medalins are coming off and getting a paintable air cleaner. I am looking at those Top Shop bags and rear fender. These seem to be best deal and a real good fit for what I want. Its just a Fender Cover that goes inside rails. So I can still use my Tour pack. And they only want 1k for bags and Fender.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 PM
swaite
Road Captain

problem is your putting eveyone else on the road in danger, I hope never to see you on the road when I have my wife and kids in the car

Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,928 Likes on 21,508 Posts

Hope you can get things worked out Dave.. for you and the bike..

Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer

Originally Posted by swaite
problem is your putting eveyone else on the road in danger, I hope never to see you on the road when I have my wife and kids in the car

Yeah Ok why dont you start up a post and ask about all the riders with medical problems like Diabettes or Ulcers that could cause them a pain that would make them pull over.

I highly doubt my CHF with nothing over 15% blockage and no surgery or Stints id is the biggest issue on the road. FYi I have CDL A-M TXP if you really want to be worried. My water pills threw my numbers off. And over the last few days I figured out why it happened. I got sick of orange juice and switched over to cranberry. Also changed off Bannanas for Apples for the past couple weeks. I really stopped all my pottasium intake. Which isnt a huge issue for most people. But water pills drain you of it. So dont worry about me. I have DOT medical card do you?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdave12768
Yeah Ok why dont you start up a post and ask about all the riders with medical problems like Diabettes or Ulcers that could cause them a pain that would make them pull over.

I highly doubt my CHF with nothing over 15% blockage and no surgery or Stints id is the biggest issue on the road. FYi I have CDL A-M TXP if you really want to be worried. My water pills threw my numbers off. And over the last few days I figured out why it happened. I got sick of orange juice and switched over to cranberry. Also changed off Bannanas for Apples for the past couple weeks. I really stopped all my pottasium intake. Which isnt a huge issue for most people. But water pills drain you of it. So dont worry about me. I have DOT medical card do you?
[/quote]
Originally Posted by swaite

Do you think you'd be in any less danger if the OP was now driving a cage instead of the bike? Or do you honestly think everyone with a medicaal condition should not drive at all? If that was the case we could have quite building more roads long ago. I'm not a statisical expert by any means, but I'd be willing to bet there's a lot more accidents caused by drivers distracted by there wives and kids than by folks with CHF.

OP, I can't help you with your repair parts quest, hope you get it together soon.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad your ok, fix the chest pain first, and it doesn't sound like it was too light with all you are replacing. Take care

Old 10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

swaite....what a douche.

BigDave glad to hear your doing better. Keep us posted on your extended bag search.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are replacing the crash bar... How is the frame mount? Make sure that wasn't tweaked in the accident.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer

I was doing maybe 10 miles an hour pulling off road and found mud. I will post a picture of bike soon. It was ridden to the shop. They wrote bike up for 5k in damage and still need one supplement for windshield trim and peg with mount and chrome on bagger handle

Tow truck scuffed tank and inner fairing. They game me 765 to fix scuff on tank and gave 320 for a inner fairing. Also that floorboard mount is scuffed (black piece under floor board)
Crash bar is barely bent. No engine chrome touched ground.
Front fender easy fix they gave like 800 to fix it
Front out Fairing was like 800 to fix
Rear bag 700 to replace
and who care about that black bar under floorboard. they gave me like 300 for that

So my plan it used outer Fairing (Used 350 of Ebay) Fix front fender ( very lil damage) Inner fairing ( light scuffed down by tank. easily sanded and ofcourse paint inner fairing) Tank ( Take off 105 medalins and Paint tank all one color) Bag ( After market kit with fender cover) Bike painted all Copper pearl including inner fairing. Then get the Screaming eagle off the 09 CVO bike painted or buy the pin strip for the fairing and follow the 4 black pinstripes down to bag. Dont want that Whole CVO paint. Just top half with 4 pinstipes and Harley Davidson painted in side of it like the CVO.

So about 2k in parts and about 2k in paint and mods and my 105 ANV will be unique

I have thought of other colors. But I really like the copper and really loved the 09 CVO eagle.

Last edited by Bigdave12768; 10-20-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Big Dave - You will hear this tough love from me. You seem not to care about yourself, but you do not sound like you should be operating any vehicle at all.

Not for yourself but for others. Kids walking home from school, a biker stopped at a light. You could hit them with your vehicle.

It is made worse for your lack of even taking care of yourself and increasing the chance of a problem.

You are a danger to the public. Get the F off the road jerk.

Quick Reply: Went down on Bike