Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 FLHTK limited Color What's Your Favorite?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a traditional Vivid Black guy, but as much as I like the Deep Blue, for contrast and deviate too far from the Black, I ordered the Midnight Pearl / Brilliant Silver Pearl, but am nervous as I have yet to put my actual eyes on the FLHTK in this paint combo. Most folks on this forum can appreciate the subtle lines and contrast of basic black with the amount of paint showing on the touring models, and I totally get that. Also most folks say and the pics support the new Deep Blue colour being quite nice especially in the sun, however some riders who have seen the Midnight Pearl, describe it as Black with blue metal flake, which also shows nice in the sun. The Orange bike seems to be a love it or hate relationship, although I would argue that there should be some contrast , or a minimum of a Metal flake Orange and some serious Black contrasted colour....but something along the HD factory colour lines to make it jump out at you ...with the eye shattering colour combos on the CVOs, I don;t think it would be too much to ask for some further creativity on the paint/colour/ combo/ schemes on the Touring models as there certainly is a large enough canvas to use ...just my .02 worth ...Hope that FLHTK MP/BSP colour combo works in person.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dansflhti
To be honest,none of the 2012 Touring colors jump out at me,and say buy me.But if my dealer was to say,"pick any color Limited,it's free",I think I'd have to go with the Black.It would drive me crazy trying to keep it clean,but I think the Limited has the nicest subtle design pin stripes on a black bike of any of the touring line-up.
Dan, you and I share the same opinion about Black. A Black and chrome Harley is a beautiful scoot but way to difficult to keep looking that way.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:46 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Your poll makes me happy, I'll probably never run into another 2012 Tequila Road King Classic, mine should be hear monday, my dealer went over 1000 miles to find it.(at msrp no frt,no prep,plus parts discount) I hear they can not be ordered.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
khendo14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take black please.....oh wait, I already did! Great looking bike in Black, but I would like riding any color Limited......

Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would have to choose vivid black for the performance improvements. Black is faster!

Old 11-05-2011, 02:04 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master

damn it, I bought a "SLOW" one (non-black)? ...LOL.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 AM
ckduallie
Cruiser

#1 Vivid Black I didn’t know there was another choice. Since we have been married (30 years this FEB.) we have had 25 Black vehicles and I’m not stopping there. Getting ready to order a 2012 F350 Super Duty (Black) trading in my 2008 F350 Super Duty DRW, Black…

Old 11-05-2011, 05:51 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

For the choices being presented for this bike... Blue/black or black/silver for me.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:03 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgwildterry
3 Black HD's in the last 11 years.......Heritage Classic, Ultra Classic and Road King Classic. Just crossed over to a 12' FLHTK Ember Red/Merlot and am loving it.

That's my Choice although the Blue/Black is a close 2nd..

Old 11-05-2011, 08:02 PM
viceversa60
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No dought big blue !

Just bought one I will get it in april !

Quick Reply: 2012 FLHTK limited Color What's Your Favorite?