Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellent Recall Experience-H-D Cool Springs, Franklin, TN

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
d7dun1010
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent Recall Experience-H-D Cool Springs, Franklin, TN

Early last week I got a call from H-D, Cool Springs, telling me of the recall on my '11 RKC. The guy from Service said they were eager to get it done for me and asked when could I bring it in? We agreed on the following morning.

I live about an 1 1/2 hours away. The following morning I called to make certain they were able to do it. The OWNER ANSWERED THE PHONE and told me to come in and that he would have them waiting for me.

While on the phone with the owner, I mentioned to him that when buying, I wanted a backrest and they did a 2-point mount for me and I wanted the 4-point mount. I told the owner that, not only was my salesman no longer there, but I had bought the bike last January before he had purchased the business. I added the salesman should have, at least, offered me the 4 point mount and that the cost of replacing my 2 point would be prohibitive in cost. I told him that at this late date, I expected nothing and it was FYI only.

Sure enough, they were waiting for me and I pulled in and within 5 minutes or less, my bike was on the rack and being worked on.

The Service Manager came to me and told me the owner had instructed him to simply swap out my 2-point mount for a 4-point mount, NO CHARGE!!!!!!!!

In due time, my bike was returned to me with the recall fix completed, a new 4-point mounting system at no charge to me and washed and detailed.

My experiences with H-D Cool Springs has always been outstanding and that is why I drive past four H-D Dealerships to get to them. One dealer is only 8 miles from my house!

No one else will touch my bike but them!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts

Good for you! Nice to hear a good story mixed in with all the bad.

And it goes to show how loyal some customers can be. Driving/riding 1 1/2 hours and passing four other dealerships on the way is a loyal jesture.

Kudoes to your dealership.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool indeed.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:15 PM
streetglide44
Road Captain

I'd drive by those dealers too. I know exactly which ones your talking about. Being in Memphis we have the home of one of those. I drive 2.5 hrs to Union City to avoid that dealer.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer

I ride 1 1/2 hours to my dealer because that's the closest one I have!!

I bought my bike 120 miles away when I was visiting my son. The closest dealer is 75 miles away, in Lakeland.

Even tho I didn't buy my bike there, I called them up on Friday and asked if they could handle the recall for me. They gave me an appointment for Monday.

I also asked them to change the PIN for me on the security system 'cause I couldn't figure it out. They charged me half of what they had estimated on the phone.

I'll still go to my local independent for routine work since he's right in town here and a good guy, but anything requiring a MOCO dealer will see me in Lakeland again.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That new owner has really improved the service at Cool-Springs. Both of my current bikes were purchased there. I do most of my own service, so I don't return often. And there is a great dealer for parts that is much closer.

But, I have noticed a huge improvement with the new ownership.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM
FLHTCU2007Ken
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d7dun1010
Early last week I got a call from H-D, Cool Springs, telling me of the recall on my '11 RKC. The guy from Service said they were eager to get it done for me and asked when could I bring it in? We agreed on the following morning.

I live about an 1 1/2 hours away. The following morning I called to make certain they were able to do it. The OWNER ANSWERED THE PHONE and told me to come in and that he would have them waiting for me.

While on the phone with the owner, I mentioned to him that when buying, I wanted a backrest and they did a 2-point mount for me and I wanted the 4-point mount. I told the owner that, not only was my salesman no longer there, but I had bought the bike last January before he had purchased the business. I added the salesman should have, at least, offered me the 4 point mount and that the cost of replacing my 2 point would be prohibitive in cost. I told him that at this late date, I expected nothing and it was FYI only.

Sure enough, they were waiting for me and I pulled in and within 5 minutes or less, my bike was on the rack and being worked on.

The Service Manager came to me and told me the owner had instructed him to simply swap out my 2-point mount for a 4-point mount, NO CHARGE!!!!!!!!

In due time, my bike was returned to me with the recall fix completed, a new 4-point mounting system at no charge to me and washed and detailed.

My experiences with H-D Cool Springs has always been outstanding and that is why I drive past four H-D Dealerships to get to them. One dealer is only 8 miles from my house!

No one else will touch my bike but them!
That's only an eight hour ride from my house. I might have to check 'em out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&su...ed=0CAgQngIwAA

Regards,
Ken

Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you had a good experience at Cool Springs HD. My experience with their service department was a nightmare. Since Benji is working there again, maybe their SERVICE will improve.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:59 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to hear they are getting their act back together. They are the closest dealer to me but went to one of the other dealers in town for my Ultra Limited last year partly due to CS-HD reputation not so good in prior years. May have to try them out sometime.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool springs is who built my 05EG (in 05) with one intention....Winning races! I'm sure there are different techs there now but whoever built mine deserves a raise!
Streetglide44 have you tried fosters in tuscumbia? Their shop guys are awesome and Mr Foster will shoot you straight...

Quick Reply: Excellent Recall Experience-H-D Cool Springs, Franklin, TN