Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Jason,
I just sent you a message on your web site. I sent a deposit and need to pay the remainder. I would also like black screens if you still have some.
Thank you, Darrin

Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Splais1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the concensusabout using one of the fan assited oil coolers vice a normal cooler. I've been looking at the Jagg FP2300 unit. when all is said and done this unit ends up costing upwards of $500.

I can't afford both the Jagg and FCS unit right now. but because of the 4 month wait on the FCS, I'm thinking getting the Jagg now putting in the deposit for the FCS. But I am wondering if the fan-assisted units are worth the money.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Tilt96
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deposit sent.

Sorry to hear about your fan supply problems. I'll still wait though.
It was funny you mentioned you were in Morgantown. Wife and I actually stopped there on our trip that week. We acutally drove from Gatlinburg TN to Chardon Ohio all day Saturday. Most of the route was on Highway 23. With 101 heat index this is what prompted me to find your product.

TIA

Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
I’m getting ready to start assembly on another batch. I have a limited number of black screens, Arvid and fathog have requested them and I can do about 5 more sets with black screens, let me know before tomorrow if you can. I will have these ready to ship in a few days, so I can take payment now for Waiting list #83 thru #108, If you already made a deposit I will send you an invoice for the balance remaining, just send me a reminder that you made a deposit or paid in full. Please bear with me, there is some opportunity for error on my part with a waiting list, new deposit system, and some deposits and full payment on old waiting list numbers. I’ll do my best to get it right the first time. Use the link below to make payment, the discount is already applied to the “add to cart” button. Please don’t share the link with anyone and please put your HD Forum ID in the text box provided at check out, it is the only way I can identify who to check off the forum list. http://www.wardspartswerks.com/military-hdf.html Please let me know if you don't want to purchase the system at this time, I can sell it to someone else, and shift you to the end of the list or remove you from the list if you prefer.
Thanks
Jason
Not sure if I fell in on the group that is getting them soon or not but put me down for a black screen as well.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Payment sent...

Beav

Old 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just sent in payment for a chrome unit.

Last edited by Hammy; 07-11-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 PM
12limited
Tourer

I received my fans a few days ago and today got them installed. I was pleasantly surprised of the quality immediately when I opened the box.. The attention to detail is remarkable. This product is of very high quality, lot more than I expected from some guy on a forum building them out of his garage. Some stuff you buy from a well known manufacturer does not have this level of quality. Truly a professional grade equipment.
Attention to details like the grommet where the wire comes out of the unit, and the wire covered to protect it from abrasion.
The switch has a rubber boot on it to prevent water intrusion.
The hole in the back where the connections are made for the switch are sealed up nicely with black silicon.
The perfectly cut fiberglass and foil heat shield on the back of the fan motors to prevent heat from damaging the fan motors.
The snap rings that hold the fans in place are perfectly aligned.
There is no machine marks on the steel, the powder coat is nice and even.
The screens on the front are perfectly straight.

Now if this damn rain will stop, I will get it out on the road and try them out.

They sound like a turbine rolling up when you turn them on...pretty cool. I can't hear them with the engine running, maybe others can.

See the attached photos for a better idea of what quality I am talking about.

(I am not associated with this product, just a satisfied customer and they were worth the wait)

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-dsc_0002_1.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-dsc_0003_1.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-dsc_0004_1.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-dsc_0005_1.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-dsc_0006_1.jpg  

Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

12limited, I couldn't agree more. You can really tell when someone takes pride in their product. These fans hand made, one by one to Jason's obviously high standards. A very high quality, eye pleasing product and best of all MADE IN THE USA!! Kudos Mr.Ward, keep up the good work!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:44 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammy
just sent in payment for a chrome unit.
I had some questions and confusion about the chrome finish as a result of your post. So I want to clarify that you didn't just buy a system with a chrome finish, you sent a "full payment" deposit for a system, and you selected chrome finish on the new Paypal deposit button with finish options. I will have those option available before taking delivery of the fans I have orderd, this will help me gauge the market for different finishes, so I can get them working and be prepared when the fans do come in. I don't even have the chrome sample back yet and as I published a few days ago I am out of fans, so even if I had the chrome housings on hand it would be OCT/Nov before your deposit reservation is filled. I should get the chrome sample back in few days, if it meest my standards I will assemble it, or at least mock it up for pictures and post them here and on the website.

A week of vacation put me behind the power curve. I owe a lot of Paypal Invoices to those who made deposits. I'm sorting through about 75 new Paypal transactions, and trying to match them up with the old waiting list system from the forum, the public and military waiting lists, and filter out all new deposits. Again your patience is greatly appreciated while I get back on track and get your invoices prepared. As I mentioned before there is a bit of room for error as I clean up the old waiting list and transition into the new deposit system, and continue to improve the ordering/deposit system. Please don't use the deposit payment button 5 times to pay for your system in full, it cost me more in Paypal fees, full payment is not required, and it will not expedite your order. I do personally build these one at a time by hand and it takes time, no amount of money will speed up my production with my current "shop" set up. I am picking up the last parts at the Machine shop tomorrow to build 250 housings, which I will complete in the next few weeks, I just don't have the fans to finish them all. Soon as I sell the ones I can finish, I'll order more parts, I will get ahead of the demand eventually. I already ordered 1000 fans, so I am working as agressively as possible to keep the operation in motion.
Thanks
Jason

Last edited by WARDSPARTSWERKS; 07-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Sorry if being #100 on the HD forum list and sending you a deposit created more work for you. I'll wait patiently for your invoice before making full payment. I just don't want anything to mess up my place in line. Thanks for all your hard work.
Darrin

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again