Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford fosgate PBRx300 question......

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 AM
gliding10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockford fosgate PBRx300 question......

So I have installed the Rockford fosgate PBRx300 and the T1S652 speakers in fairing. They sound great and are loud as hell. The problem I have is when I put my iPod on I can barely hear the music. I have the iPod up on the handle bars and just a wire to plug into the front of the harmon kardon. Now I know u can adjust the output to the amp but I've tried and maybe I'm missing something. Could use whatever help anyone has to offer. I usually turn the volume on the iPod just slightly down from its full range. I love the amp and speakers just getting frustrated cause I use my iPod all the time an a CD only holds like 12 songs. Like I said thanks in advance and any help will greatly appreciated.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

volume up on the ipod also?

cant remember - but does the radio have a aux level in the menu?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Astro
Cruiser

You have to turn the volume virtually all the way up on the ipod and then adjust to your level with the radio volume.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

and if it is up, try another aux cable.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 153 Posts

Best resukts i had when i was running my ipod through the aux jack was doing the following:

Turn the ipod volume all the way down
Turn the stereo volume up to about 3 bars before max
Start turning the ipod volume up until it was as loud as it could go without distortion then leave it alone
Use the stereo volume to adjust down as needed

Used to work for me. Now i have a sony deck with ipod tray that charges, so no need.

Zach

Old 01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
gliding10
Cruiser

Biggzed, was it worth changing the radio. Have thought about it.
Slothy, have changed aux wires three times. Went with radio shack gold tips and everything. Had iPod all the way up and the adjusted volume in radio.
When I play a CD people close there windows on there cars but don't get the same effect with iPod. Maybe iPod is old and maybe time for a new one but was thinking about the Sony radio like Biggzed has maybe that would work better

Old 01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

if you are thinking about changing radios check out sonys ipod holder one. im putting one in this winter

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...8&N=4294946867

Old 01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gliding10
So I have installed the Rockford fosgate PBRx300 and the T1S652 speakers in fairing. They sound great and are loud as hell. The problem I have is when I put my iPod on I can barely hear the music. I have the iPod up on the handle bars and just a wire to plug into the front of the harmon kardon. Now I know u can adjust the output to the amp but I've tried and maybe I'm missing something. Could use whatever help anyone has to offer. I usually turn the volume on the iPod just slightly down from its full range. I love the amp and speakers just getting frustrated cause I use my iPod all the time an a CD only holds like 12 songs. Like I said thanks in advance and any help will greatly appreciated.
What about running it with headphones or into another device? If it's still low then I would suspect your iPod has a problem, but you know in the mean time your harley stereo can play MP3 CDS aswell, you can fit A LOT of songs on a disc that way.

AL

Old 01-13-2012, 01:36 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all else fails...I agree go with the Sony headunit with the iPod tray. I installed one last summer.....gald I did.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Twigg
Cruiser

Which Sony are you running. I'm looking at the DSX-MS60. Liked the ipod tray being out of sight as well as the elements.

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Best resukts i had when i was running my ipod through the aux jack was doing the following:

Turn the ipod volume all the way down
Turn the stereo volume up to about 3 bars before max
Start turning the ipod volume up until it was as loud as it could go without distortion then leave it alone
Use the stereo volume to adjust down as needed

Used to work for me. Now i have a sony deck with ipod tray that charges, so no need.

Zach

Quick Reply: Rockford fosgate PBRx300 question......