Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   ABS Banjo bolt (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/729999-abs-banjo-bolt.html)

Cme2c 02-03-2012 12:26 PM

ABS Banjo bolt

Does anyone know the size (10 or 12mm?) of the banjo bolt on the ABS module of a 2011 RKC? Also need thread pitch as I am going to try to use a banjo bolt with a bleeder nipple on it when I change out my front upper line. Hopefully that will make for less spillage & maybe avoid a trip to the dealer to run a computerized bleed on the module.

ExtremeBaggers 11-24-2014 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cme2c (Post 9344054)
Does anyone know the size (10 or 12mm?) of the banjo bolt on the ABS module of a 2011 RKC? Also need thread pitch as I am going to try to use a banjo bolt with a bleeder nipple on it when I change out my front upper line. Hopefully that will make for less spillage & maybe avoid a trip to the dealer to run a computerized bleed on the module.

Yes Anyone know?

Northbound Southerner 11-24-2014 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cme2c (Post 9344054)

This doesn't answer your question but bleeding the module is really easy and no trip to the dealer is required. I just put speed bleeders on the calipers and bleed as normal. As long as you don't cycle the ignition while there is air in the system, you won't have an issue. I have done a ton of bikes this way and have never been to the dealer...

Northbound Southerner 11-24-2014 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by themouth!!! (Post 13445091)
This doesn't answer your question but bleeding the module is really easy and no trip to the dealer is required. I just put speed bleeders on the calipers and bleed as normal. As long as you don't cycle the ignition while there is air in the system, you won't have an issue. I have done a ton of bikes this way and have never been to the dealer...

Crap...thread necromancy...Got lured in again...

lp 11-24-2014 03:31 PM

Go to cyclegear or somewhere and purchase a syringe.
Use the syringe to push new brake fluid into a caliper and UP your new line into the Master Cylinder.
No air passes the ABS module... No need for speed bleeders/banjo bolts.

ExtremeBaggers 11-25-2014 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by lp (Post 13445243)
Go to cyclegear or somewhere and purchase a syringe.
Use the syringe to push new brake fluid into a caliper and UP your new line into the Master Cylinder.
No air passes the ABS module... No need for speed bleeders/banjo bolts.

The lower brake line that I'm changing to single side caliper goes from the ABS BLOCK to the caliper. It does not go to the master cylinder.

Northbound Southerner 11-25-2014 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ExtremeBaggers (Post 13446883)
The lower brake line that I'm changing to single side caliper goes from the ABS BLOCK to the caliper. It does not go to the master cylinder.

What he said still applies if you can get the syringe on the bleeder without air in it or the line. You can also do what I said and bleed normally. It will be fine. Just don't operate the ignition until the system is completely bleed out. If you do, you will be headed to the dealer...