Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my first Road King this past weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Good choice. Enjoy your new bike and RIDE SAFE!!

Originally Posted by MIBPreacher
Finding a Roadking that is affordable at a dealership is a rare find in my searching online. My problem was that I ride 2 up on my sportster and I am 6'4" and my Sportster looked bigger than the new ones but I was exceeding the GVWR when I ran 2 up.

I needed a larger bike for me and my wife to be safe. I found a purple and silver one online using cycletrader.com. Me and my father in law drove 96 miles to Battley Cycles in Gaithersburg to pick up a 2001 Roadking FLHRCI, a nice bike at 9995.00. My father in law rides a 08 Dyna Low Rider and I was trading in my first bike, a 05 Sportster 1200 Custom. We were so severely low balled on the trade and then they told me that I couldnt get the months I wanted because Harley doesnt do that and my payment would be 325.00 a month! I left angry and insulted, and I made sure they knew that. Their sales manager was rude and condecending. I will never go back there again. Anyways, we left and headed back to our neck of the woods and I stopped back at All American Harley Davidson in Hughesville, MD. Jim took a look at my sportster, gave me a great deal on my bike and a sweet deal on a 2000 Road King FLHR. I got it for 11000 after tax title and tags, has Python pipes, hard bags, screamin eagle air cleaner kit. The only thing I am having a hard time is the fact the brake pedal is so high off the floor board. I ordered a Kuriyaken extended brake pedal to fix this. Just wanted to pass a picture along. I love the ride.