Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes vs J&M

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
vnelson79
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a ARC Audio dealer. I use the M.P.A.K.5 system in my demo bike, it freaking rocks out. The Hogtunes is not any better than stock HD setup IMO. It just really depends on your budget. The ARC equipment is a great setup and is plug and play, will not void your factory warranty !!!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are interested in an ARC amp and putting together a whole new (2 speaker) system, who is the best dealer to talk to about it?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 AM
vnelson79
Cruiser

You can go to ARC Audio website and check for local dealers, or you can buy from there online store. ARC doesn't allow online retailers to sell their product. If you purchase online you will not have a warranty. Their M.P.A.K systems all complete in a box setup. Dealers will put you in the right direction of your needs and budget. I like the component speakers with separate tweeters and crossovers. The major problem with systems on HD's is being able to produce bass and the components will help eliminate that issue.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 AM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master

I have a set of barely used 7.25 rokker batwing fairing speakers for sale

Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vnelson79
You can go to ARC Audio website and check for local dealers, or you can buy from there online store. ARC doesn't allow online retailers to sell their product. If you purchase online you will not have a warranty. Their M.P.A.K systems all complete in a box setup. Dealers will put you in the right direction of your needs and budget. I like the component speakers with separate tweeters and crossovers. The major problem with systems on HD's is being able to produce bass and the components will help eliminate that issue.

Thank you. Piecing a system together from head unit to speakers seems overly complicated, I can use all the help I can get.

kyleplusitunes, I already have a brand new set of J&M 7.25" speakers in the box, replacements for a defective speaker. I'm going to a whole new setup and will be putting those up for sale as soon as I figure out what I'm going to replace them with.

Sorry 2011_Glide, you can have your thread back.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
vnelson79
Cruiser

That's the nice thing about the M.PA.K Series, it contains all necessary items that are matched for performance.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Getting rid of everything this spring because I'm doing a 6-speaker upgrade on a new bike --- JL Audio all the way around --- fairing, lowers, and rear pods, with a JL amp in the tourpak.
I've seen these types of systems built, but they always put the JL amp in the saddlebag , with the 6X9's. Fits in there nicely, and saves space. ( Something I know NOTHING about,..........LOL )

Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 PM
2011_Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bikertrashchad
Changing my speakers out before rolling to Sturgis this year as well. Going with the RF setup from Bagger Nation. And, they give a 10% mil discount all the time. Paul should have his booth area setup at the Full Throttle.

If you know any other folks heading out from NC/SC, tell them that I have a small group rolling out from Beaufort, SC. Staying at Ellsworth AFB instead of in Sturgis.
I talked to them when I was out there this past year. Mainly talked to them about their bars at the time. I am riding out there again this year. The wife is riding with me this year. My sister lives in St. Louis, we are going to stay at her house on the way up and back for the night instead of paying for a hotel.... Rather save my money for Sturgis than a hotel. My older sister lives right there by the base. I didn't know that you could stay there at Ellsworth. They have a TEQ? Maybe something to look into. I do like staying at Glencoe though. That is where I usually stay at. Although, I have been thinking about staying at the Broken Spoke.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

These videos are a MUST WATCH for anyone wanting to configure, wire, install and adjust the J&M ROKKER series audio systems for your Harley Bagger ,,,,,,

HOW-TO configure/wire 2, 4, 6 or 8 speakers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7C...4LpftUbhq26J9L ,,,,,,

HOW-TO install ROKKER series speakers/amplifiers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhfx...OhScZC_aBjl7tk ,,,,,,

HOW-TO adjust ROKKER series amplifier gain controls on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6C5M...UCt2IbqEHhEcsN ,,,,,,

Old 02-18-2012, 03:35 AM
2011_Glide
Cruiser

Most of the websites over here are blocked. Can you email them?

paul.debord@bgab.afcent.af.mil

Thanks
Shane

Quick Reply: Hogtunes vs J&M