Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love jug cooling fan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:11 AM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Here's my short story. I had Wards fans, and loved them. This spring one fan stopped working so since Wards is out, I bought a new set of Love Jugs mighty mites. I love them too. The fans seem a bit more powerful than the Wards. They works as good, if not better than my Wards fans did. I'm a fan of the fans! I would get an after market oil cooler with a fan too, but the stories of them leaking scared me away from them. Maybe Love jugs can design an add on fan for my stock oil cooler!!

My bike is a 2012 Ultra Limited with 45k

Old 07-12-2017, 07:12 AM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default customer service

so here is my issue. About two weeks ago I sent love jugs an email asking them a few questions about the mighty mites. Received no response. Based upon a lot of research and forum comments on Monday around noon I purchased a mighty mite for my FXDC. Received a confirmation email from PayPal but nothing from Love Jugs. Sent a separate email that evening asking about the order and mentioning that DK customs highly recommended Love Jugs. As of this post no response. I hope the product is way better than their customer service.
BTW DK Custom is an awesome place. Good products, great advice and follow through

Old 07-12-2017, 07:53 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by cjdyna
so here is my issue. About two weeks ago I sent love jugs an email asking them a few questions about the mighty mites. Received no response. Based upon a lot of research and forum comments on Monday around noon I purchased a mighty mite for my FXDC. Received a confirmation email from PayPal but nothing from Love Jugs. Sent a separate email that evening asking about the order and mentioning that DK customs highly recommended Love Jugs. As of this post no response. I hope the product is way better than their customer service.
BTW DK Custom is an awesome place. Good products, great advice and follow through
There is a disconnect with their emails. If you send an email to Steve instead of info you might get a quicker response and ask him for his cell number. He gives his cell number out and he answers that all the time. I think they're just very busy and understaffed but the product is worth it.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

My office phone number is 561-499-0974. Please call now for the service you expect and deserve. Also please check your incoming e-mail and your junk. I can 100% assure you that a welcome letter was sent to you concurrent with the Pay Pal receipt. It went at the same time to the same e-mail address so it should be easy to locate.

We work tirelessly to provide top notch service to our customers including personal contact to anyone who wishes it. I'm here, you have my number, please feel invited to call me 7 days a week.

Steve

Old 07-12-2017, 11:24 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

I can vouch for LJ....I have requested assistance on a couple occasions to address issues and they have responded within 24 hrs of my requests...and we have a 6 hour time difference. I also have used DK on many occasions and they are hard to beat and on top of their game, but LJ is pretty close.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:28 PM
cjdyna
Advanced

thanks golfblue. any chance you know the email?

Old 07-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hscic
I can vouch for LJ....I have requested assistance on a couple occasions to address issues and they have responded within 24 hrs of my requests...and we have a 6 hour time difference. I also have used DK on many occasions and they are hard to beat and on top of their game, but LJ is pretty close.
Thanks for the post. My direct e-mail is steve@love-jugs.com.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:10 AM
cjdyna
Advanced

So I called Steve from Love Jugs (aka Hammerhead Engineering). He was more than helpful. While neither of us can understand what happened to the confirmation email that was lost in cyberspace (yes I checked spam folders, junk mail, trash, etc) he made sure my order was in and all set. Very very responsive and interested in the customer and the company reputation. Mighty mites are on the way and he gave me some thoughts and advice on the phone.
Kudos to Love Jugs!!

Old 07-13-2017, 08:38 PM
Zoider
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Jugs
... There are actually two versions of the EITMS, one kicks the rear cylinder off only when the engine heat reaches a certain level. The other, as pointed out by Scratch, will kick in after a short time at idle if the ambient temp is over 80˚ no matter what the engine temps. ...
Is there any way to tell which EITMS version you have?

Old 07-14-2017, 12:51 AM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor

I guess ask the Harley dealer or note the performance, it will be different. If it goes off when your engine is cool but the air temp is over 81 every time you stand for a couple of minutes you have that version. Sorry I can't give you a more accurate answer but that's the general idea. Probably somebody can come forward with a more cogent response.

Quick Reply: love jug cooling fan?