Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love jug cooling fan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,464 Likes on 4,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Sedrak
The new fans look nice....

Now, since I'm not 10 years old, I wonder if there is a way to get them without "Love Jugs" on them......

Old 05-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Peter Sedrak
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
The new fans look nice....

Now, since I'm not 10 years old, I wonder if there is a way to get them without "Love Jugs" on them......
u can't really notice them. It's a brand, it should have its name on it just like ur bike does. You don't have to put the chrome piece, its separate. And if the red letters really bother you, u can use touch up paint to color it black.

The following users liked this post:
Love Jugs (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 10:15 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,464 Likes on 4,044 Posts

u can't really notice them. It's a brand, it should have its name on it just like ur bike does. You don't have to put the chrome piece, its separate. And if the red letters really bother you, u can use touch up paint to color it black.
Thanks for the info on the chrome piece.... and that black paint would easily hide the red letters...

Brand or not, I always thought their name was childish..... wouldn't have it on my bike...

Old 05-25-2017, 12:52 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

^^^^
That.....you have black mount and fans so just paint the "love jugs" black and remove the metal piece. I have chrome so a little more difficult to hide.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:45 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Thanks for the info on the chrome piece.... and that black paint would easily hide the red letters...

Brand or not, I always thought their name was childish..... wouldn't have it on my bike...
Im with you, fans look nice and I dont care about the name but I wouldnt pay for a product that advertises in bright red colors their name on the side of my bike or any vehicle.
If they were giving it to me for free as a sponsor, maybe, even then not sure I would want that, but they are not a sponsor and since I am paying good money for the product Ill buy what looks good to me, of course, like everyone we are free to choose what works for us and what we like. Im certainly not going to "touch" it up with black paint.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:44 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
Im with you, fans look nice and I dont care about the name but I wouldnt pay for a product that advertises in bright red colors their name on the side of my bike or any vehicle.
If they were giving it to me for free as a sponsor, maybe, even then not sure I would want that, but they are not a sponsor and since I am paying good money for the product Ill buy what looks good to me, of course, like everyone we are free to choose what works for us and what we like. Im certainly not going to "touch" it up with black paint.
I'd say me either but...

Old 05-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Peter Sedrak
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ORradtech
I'd say me either but...
lol, that's great.

The following users liked this post:
masterguns (05-27-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:03 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

there were set up down at Murrells Inlet during the Myrle Beach ralley last week. They had a fatboy sitting at idle all day with their fans running. They had a temp gauge attached front and rear heads. Temp was 260-270. They stated that they bike had been running at idle since they started in the morning and didn't turn it off till they left.

My front head temps hit 389 degrees F. sitting in traffic at the ralley.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:23 PM
brian4.2
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't like the Red Logo. I was painting it to match the cylinders anyways so I painted out the name. No big deal, but no way I was attaching the other chrome logo.

Attached Thumbnails love jug cooling fan?-loav-jug.jpg  

Last edited by brian4.2; 05-26-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:11 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Just turn the Chrome spacer around and there is no more logo on spacer

Quick Reply: love jug cooling fan?