Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour paks - Chopped or King?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Chopped looks best in my opinion. But I got mine for traveling with the wife so I need the space and got the King. also the anderson relocator from a forum member here. both are pictured in my sig.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

You guys are good, great points both ways! I was afraid of that. And now, even more decisions.
Pick one Pak or get both?
Solo rack or 2 up rack?
Bush or shaven?

Is partially shaven and neatly kept available?

Facts are, the only time it will be used is long distance traveling. I do a lot of overnighters, sometimes 2 up and on occasion have been packed to the hilt in the past, camping gear, cold weather gear, etc. How cool does it look when out of room, or when it's just sitting in the garage.

If only the Chopped was a dollar cheaper, I could at least say I saved money! Just ordered the King but, getting both is starting to sound better. Damn!

Thanks guys

Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My answer is King... the main purpose for me having a tour-pak, is to add as much extra storage space as possible... but, then again, I am a function over fashion type of guy...

Old 02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I eventually picked up a used chopped pak to mount in the solo position that I like much more visually but when doing long touring rides the king gets put back on but is now on a 2up mount even though my wife rides her own but at times we have my 15 yr old son come on trips with us during the summer and the extra packing space comes in so handy over the chopped pak.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the Chopped on my Road Glide and liked the looks. Although it would not hold a full face or 3/4 helmet, it held the half helmet fine.

I have the King on my Ultra Classic, and the increased capacity is nice. It will easily hold two full face helmets.

I think the King looks fine on the Ultra Classic, because you expect to see it and the other stuff on that bike makes is look natural.

On the Street Glide, I think the Chopped would look better.

Don't know anything about shaved or bush, but definitely prefer shaken, not stirred.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I like shaven.......er, wait a minute,,,,what was the question again???

Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 PM
hotwheels57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is only on when the wife is along, and that ain't that often.. No whining from the rear of the bike, worth every penny. As long as you are going to the expense, I'd get the King.

Last edited by hotwheels57; 08-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Originally Posted by pt4u2nv
King for sure. I go for function over looks anyday personnally. If you take longer trips 2 up at all you will regret not getting the King. I have a SG and to me it looks fine....better than the chopped IMHO. Chopped looks kinda out of place and kinda useless to me.
you might be thinking about the razor pack. now that one is useless. the chopped tourpak is 3 inches smaller than the king. no, it wont fit a full face helmet, but it will fit a half helmet just fine.

i had the chopped on my road king, and added the chopped to my road glide. but, my wife rides her own bike, so we added a chopped to hers as well. figure if we can't fit what we need in 4 saddlebags, and 2 chopped tourpaks, then we don't really need it.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,962 Likes on 21,519 Posts

That "wrap around" arm-rest and luggage rack on the king is pretty dorky lookin' if you ask me?
I think that the chopped looks much better w/out a luggage rack too. I gotta luggage rack but took it off.
Don't need it lookin' like a station wagon. lolol..
Looks more stream-lined, even for a bagger.

Whatcha think, and it's a chopped one too?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

My half helmets fit in the saddle bags.

Quick Reply: Tour paks - Chopped or King?