Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fitment with CVO style lights

Originally Posted by dawg
I just ordered a set from Joe. I am going to put the black ones on my 08 ultra. I am convinced that they will fit all ultras and not just 09 and up. I spoke with Joe on the phone today and he advised that he only stated 09 and up because his friend for which he made them for had a newer model bike. I will post as to whether they fit (which I'm sure they will) when I receive them. There was no changes in 09 that would warrant a fitment issue in this area.
Dawg do you think these will work with the CVO type auxillary lights. thinking maybe they would have to mount with the light bracket on top{ fork -wind def-light} then i may need longer screws, your thoughts Thanks

Old 03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
wallace66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to hearing how these fit the 2008. I have a 2007 Electraglide Classic, everything on the front is stock and I have the vented lowers. I'd like to get these black ones, and they don't look as huge as the HD chrome ones that I thought I had to buy then paint black.

So when you find out how they work on your 08, I'm all ears......

Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wallace66
I look forward to hearing how these fit the 2008. I have a 2007 Electraglide Classic, everything on the front is stock and I have the vented lowers. I'd like to get these black ones, and they don't look as huge as the HD chrome ones that I thought I had to buy then paint black.

So when you find out how they work on your 08, I'm all ears......
The website says that they fit 99 and up.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking at the picture of the chrome wind deflectors for an Ultra Classic they look more like a brushed finish. Has anyone actually seen the wind deflectors that are suppose to be chrome?

http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=34

Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
sveach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shortride
Looking at the picture of the chrome wind deflectors for an Ultra Classic they look more like a brushed finish. Has anyone actually seen the wind deflectors that are suppose to be chrome?

http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=34
If you look at the top of the picture it says "shown with no paint or chrome for clarity only". And in the text below the picture:
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A 2-3 WEEK LEAD TIME, I am sorry for this. Please note first come orders get shipped first.

The reason is the chromers lead time and time of year where he is backed up with work.

0.070thk Steel and then powder coated or chromed 100% Made in USA
I haven't seen them, but I am sure they are actually chromed based off what he's saying.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

have a similar arrangement made of plexi-glass for my 1700 Road Star. it had a half moon cut out also so you could crank the bars around and clear the crash bar. suspect the cut out is similar. they really work. combined with dessert dawgs they kept all the wind from coming up from up underneath the tank. plan on getting some for my ultra....just wish they came in blue. suppose i'll just have to get chrome....just something else to shine.

cass

Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Robert_W
Tourer

I just ordered a set in the black and look forward to receive them.

I wonder how well they work in the summer time with the upper and lower vents open. If there's not enough air flow, I'll remove the fairing lowers and/or fork deflectors until autumn.

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
I am all about additions to the bike that serve to improve the ride experience. But for the life of me, I cannot see what these little deflectors do that the lowers do not already do.

Looks like they are mounted in front of an already effective wind deflector...the lower. What am I missing here???
For me, when I cruise along at 60+, I'll feel a blast of wind that comes up over the lowers and basically into my face. I'm not sure why, but sometimes it's worse than others. Sometimes it isn't even an issue. But, on my last long trip, I felt like I was getting a 100 degree blast of air in my face and from below. Now, I'm all about riding and the wind in the hair, but the rush of hot (or cold for that matter) air coming from below isn't part of the riding experience that I'm used to from my other bikes and I can't say I like it.

That said, thanks for the review! I just haven't been willing to get the big chrome ones even though I know they work. The black ones look like the ticket.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I ordered mine (glossy black) today. I spoke with Jo who's a very nice guy and he answered all my questions.
I'll post my review after testing them on the road.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
For me, when I cruise along at 60+, I'll feel a blast of wind that comes up over the lowers and basically into my face. I'm not sure why, but sometimes it's worse than others. Sometimes it isn't even an issue. But, on my last long trip, I felt like I was getting a 100 degree blast of air in my face and from below. Now, I'm all about riding and the wind in the hair, but the rush of hot (or cold for that matter) air coming from below isn't part of the riding experience that I'm used to from my other bikes and I can't say I like it.

That said, thanks for the review! I just haven't been willing to get the big chrome ones even though I know they work. The black ones look like the ticket.
Interesting......I'm thinking they would work well for riding in the rain, too.

edit: Ok, I'm in. Went to the website and ordered. If the deflectors lessen the rain in my face they'll be worth it.

Last edited by mtgriz; 04-29-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic