Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New build, Dracula pipe sounds great!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by djack
is roeder`s still in business? i had heard they closed
The dealerships are closed. The race shop is still open and we are an indy service shop and used HD sales now. Stop by. www.roederracing.com

Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
roadking2005sg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djack
is roeder`s still in business? i had heard they closed
Roeder Harley Davidson is closed,but Roeder Racing is still in business and going strong.They are located on state rt. 20 just west of Monroeville.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'm eagerly awaiting the final tune as well, we're going to get 500 miles on it first, so weather and work schedule permitting, hopefully we will have it broken in within a few weeks.

For anyone contemplating this pipe, from what I have seen so far I would recommend it, like it was stated, sound is subjective. I like what I hear so far, at least at idle. It has a nich deep "throaty" sound to it. I don't have a good break in MAP in it yet, so it's only been run through a couple heat cycles so far. The ceramic coating on the inside and outside is top notch and the fitment and finish is **** as well! If the pipe lives up to it's reputation, i'll have a FatCat off my bike for sale in the classified is the very near future.
Are you saying heat cycles for the pipes or for you motor? And a break in map? For the pipes? Sorry I dont know these things.... I just finished installing a set of Dragulas on my 07 RG, love the sound. I have only taken it around the block and to the gas station so far, but still love the way it sounds.....

Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by marvincbr
Are you saying heat cycles for the pipes or for you motor? And a break in map? For the pipes? Sorry I dont know these things.... I just finished installing a set of Dragulas on my 07 RG, love the sound. I have only taken it around the block and to the gas station so far, but still love the way it sounds.....
He went from a 88: with slip ons and an a/c to a 98" with cams, head work, and 1 2 into 1. Since this is a fresh top end on the motor we want to get it broke in so the rings seat and it doesn't burn oil down the road. Heat cycles should be run on a fresh motor to seat the rings. When I refer to a break in MAP, basically I am going to put a MAP in the bike, do a quick tune on it 4000 RPM's and under. I want to make sure it's running good and rich. Then he can get out there and put on 500 miles or so to break it in, then i'll out it back on the dyno for a full tune.

There is alot of arguement about breaking in a fresh engine, but this is our method and it works fine for us.

If you just added the pipes to your bike and nothing else, it's really hard to say how far out of tune it is, what pipes did you have on it before? Do you have a air filter other than stock on it? Ar eyou running any type of fuel management?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Man, you guys are killing me. I have a Dragula on order and am waiting for it to come in. Anxiously chomping at the bit here. Spoke to Frank last week and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. Cant wait to see how the pipe sounds and runs on my sg.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
04 rkcrr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doing a 95" build on my 04 RK custom as we speak. just waiting on my jugs to get bored should be done today or tomarrow. I also ordered the Drago's 2-1 pipe off of Frank. Can't wait to hear this thing. The pipe looks awsome. Drago's is awsome to deal with, Frank will answer any question you have. Can't say enough good things about Drago's customer service. Cams ,comp, head work and a great pipe. This thing has got to sound and run good.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
HOGBOY57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the dragula also love the sound. cant wait for riding season.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Dragula on my Procharged '09 RG.Everything about the pipe is outstanding.Franks customer service and knowledge in the motorcycle industry is second to none.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
He went from a 88: with slip ons and an a/c to a 98" with cams, head work, and 1 2 into 1. Since this is a fresh top end on the motor we want to get it broke in so the rings seat and it doesn't burn oil down the road. Heat cycles should be run on a fresh motor to seat the rings. When I refer to a break in MAP, basically I am going to put a MAP in the bike, do a quick tune on it 4000 RPM's and under. I want to make sure it's running good and rich. Then he can get out there and put on 500 miles or so to break it in, then i'll out it back on the dyno for a full tune.

There is alot of arguement about breaking in a fresh engine, but this is our method and it works fine for us.

If you just added the pipes to your bike and nothing else, it's really hard to say how far out of tune it is, what pipes did you have on it before? Do you have a air filter other than stock on it? Ar eyou running any type of fuel management?
I was just unclear about if you were saying heat cycles for the pipes, didn't realize new motor. I took off a set of stock pipes (duels by way of fulsac) and rush slip ons. I have a SE A/C that came with the 103 kit and am now running with a flow job on the heads and redshift 577 gear driven cams using a Revolution Performance EMS.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by marvincbr
I was just unclear about if you were saying heat cycles for the pipes, didn't realize new motor. I took off a set of stock pipes (duels by way of fulsac) and rush slip ons. I have a SE A/C that came with the 103 kit and am now running with a flow job on the heads and redshift 577 gear driven cams using a Revolution Performance EMS.
Sounds good. I'm only slightly familiar with the RP EMS, (as we dyno tune in house and have no need to send ECM's out for tuning), but it is my understanding that when you make changes to your bike you send your ECM to Rev Perf and they make adjustments and send it back? So as long as they have made the proper adjustments to your currnet build yous hould be good to go. How are you liking that dedshift cam? Do you have a dyno sheet you can post with it? I'm curious as I have yet to tune one.

Quick Reply: New build, Dracula pipe sounds great!