Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED's For Ground Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Gmro, I played with a strip tonight and found there is no way to put a strip on the forks.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock81
Florida Joes is, or at least I heard one of the best. It's on my list but toward the end.
+1 He has a wide range of kits. The quality is very good and the price is right. One of the pieces (the one that holds the fuse) was defective so I emailed him about it and he sent a replacement promptly - no questions asked.

I got the smallest kit just to give my bike some parking lights and a little more visibility. It has been 2 years and they are still working great.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

I've put Boogey on four bikes now and really like them. Not pods, but stripes that can be cut to length. And the have a complete engine kit. At Daytona, I also checked and liked the ones that Custom Dynamics sells. Both have lifetime warranty.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
kuma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had Boogey Lights on 3 different scooters, But I believe for the money and the quality Iam going to go with Florida Joes light kit in Green.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

I got to get this off my bike bucket list and get it done. I always like the look

Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
bucket772
Cruiser

I installed the Cruiser level 3 package and added a 2 extra strips for the fornt wheel.

http://www.customdynamics.com/stinge...ent_lights.htm

Came with remote. Its a really nice package and the materials are high quality. Along with great customer service.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 AM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
I've put Boogey on four bikes now and really like them. Not pods, but stripes that can be cut to length. And the have a complete engine kit. At Daytona, I also checked and liked the ones that Custom Dynamics sells. Both have lifetime warranty.
Dan,

You mention you've installed a few kits that have strips. Can you share what you did with the front wheel/fender?

Also, anyone using the "flashing rear" LED Pods that connect up to the rear brake light/license plate mount type so when you add brakes they automatically flash less you pumping the brakes to give the traffic behind you the signal that you are slowing/stopped? Do these continually flash when you have the brakes on? So at a stop light with the brakes on these little LEDS would flash until you let off the brakes?

THANKS!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

GMRO, Did the Mega TNT stick for the first three and just did a friends Trike and used the 9 LED lights. Either one did a great job. The 9 led isnt quite as bright as the first but has lights the hole way around. The folks at Boogey will explain the diff. In all cases the lights were attached to each brake caliber. If you do go with Boogey, order a couple of the promoter tubes and some extra 39 inch leads. Their cheap and depending on how you run your lights, you might need extra.

At to the flashing raer brake light, I have the run brake turn module from Kuryakyn which flashes the brake light three times and goes solid. For the tour pack led across the back, at Daytona this year I had Custom Dynamics put the modual on for that. The module has light 9 different setting on it for how how you want it to flash. Call them and theyll fix you up. Great guys there.

Last edited by cdestuck; 03-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Delzore
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on Florida Joe... I had a set I installed on my Sportster, and when I moved over to the Road King I went back to Joe for a small kit.. His directions are great, his warranty (if it dies I will replace it no questions asked as long as you tied it to battery with a fuse in the line...) is good too... a little bit of wiring and just do a solid job and you are set..

Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM
lockshop
Tourer

I have boogy lights. They warranted them for life and stood by them when I had an issue.

Quick Reply: LED's For Ground Lighting