Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with HD LED turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Glockcubed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with HD LED turn signals?

In the last 2 months I have had to have a rear LED turn signal replaced. After tonights ride, I noticed that a front turn signal looks like it is shorted out. These are only 3 month old. Has anyone else had the same experience? I am taking it into the dealer in the morning, and I am sure that they will take care of it, just lost riding time.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 PM
toby34
Tourer

I have used led lights from badlands and have never looked back or ever had a problem 18k strong

Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 PM
xpilot
Advanced

Rode with mine most of last season without any issues. Not too many rides yet this season, but no issues to date.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:22 PM
08 Road Kikng
Stage II

I put a set of the HD LED turn signals on the rear of my 08 FLHRC in 2010. I have had to replace the left one twice at $79ea ( they were just out of warranty) I was riding with a friend last weekend and noticed his left rear turn signal was about half out. This is the same thing mine have done. Nothing has been changed in the wiring except the LEDs being added. Checked it anyway and found no problems. Love the look of the lights not real happy with the issues. If mine go out again I'm putting the stock lights back on.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I have custom dynamics, no problems to date.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I installed the HD LEDs in the fall of 2010 when they first came out.So I have one riding season and 25000kms on them with no problems.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Smokee
Advanced

Originally Posted by 08 Road Kikng
I put a set of the HD LED turn signals on the rear of my 08 FLHRC in 2010. I have had to replace the left one twice at $79ea ( they were just out of warranty) I was riding with a friend last weekend and noticed his left rear turn signal was about half out. This is the same thing mine have done. Nothing has been changed in the wiring except the LEDs being added. Checked it anyway and found no problems. Love the look of the lights not real happy with the issues. If mine go out again I'm putting the stock lights back on.
I too am on my 3rd left rear Harley brand LED turn signal. The first 2 (on my 2011 Ultra Limited) did the same thing as yours...the top half of the left rear turn signal LED started to appear dim compared to the lower half and the right side LED fixture. I replace the first bad one and the second LED worked OK for about 2 months, then it DID THE SAME THING as the first one did. So, I bought yet another pair of these pieces of crap (yes, I'm a glutton for punishement) and soldered in only the circuit board to keep from having to reroute the wires again ("plug and play"...yeah right). So anyway, now the THIRD rear LED is doing the same thing....the top hald of the LED board shines at a dimmer level than the bottom half...whether it's the running (tail) light function or the turn signal function....both are dimmer than normal. This is the same thing you describe....so I know I'm not losing my mind. Of course, the dealer wants to puss out on helping me since I "installed them myself". There has got to be an answer for this, other than trashing them and installing an after-market brand.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I installed the rear HD LED turn signals about 4 months ago with no problem so far, will check more often to make sure.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:05 PM
GWIZ2260
Intermediate

Any word on the front turn signal problem? Just wondering as I installed all LED turn signals front and rear, as well as the brake light. After about 1,000 miles, the front turn signals have crapped out on me... the left front has 1 LED which works.... all the rear lights work as well.... Tried removing power, as well as checked for any loose connections/pin outs.... everything looks good as far as the wiring goes.... strange that 1 LED works in the front and that is it......

Last edited by GWIZ2260; 05-15-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: specified front turn signals as having the problem
Old 05-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Glockcubed
Tourer

My local dealer replaced the light. At first it looked like moisture, but it was determined that it was just a bad light. i have had no more problems with the other lights.

Quick Reply: Problems with HD LED turn signals?