Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Educate me on half helmet headsets

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 AM
paulhog
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtball
Bought IMC HS-H140 for the wife to use with her half helmet. She loves them and has found them to be very comfortable. About the only draw back is she feels she needs to cover the mike at highway speeds to reduce the wind noise. She is 6ft tall so she can easily see over my helmet and that might be part of the issue. Prices was under a Hundred Dollars.
I have the IMC HS-140. I can't tell, but it looks like it won't work with the HJC IS-2 helmet as the helmet appears to cover the ears. I believe this is also the OP's concern. Is anyone using this equipment combination? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
dan11809
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the Scala Cardo G-4 and they perform great. F.M. radio,Bluetooth phone or I-pod or navigation and intercom.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
mr396
Cruiser

I would suggest the Cardo Scala G4 or G9 headsets.

URL is:http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider

I have used them and they work great.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Spoiled Biker
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mastery
Wife and I have ordered the HJC IS-2 half helmets, with the manual drop down shield. Would like to get some headsets so we aren't screaming in the wind at each other on the interstate, and would also like be able to use the CB on the 08 Ultra when riding with our friends who have CBs as well.

We don't have the stock headsets that came with the bike, so need to buy new. I've been researching, and are totally lost. What's a good brand? What is the pin out that I need to look for? So many choices, and a lot of people are complaining about the junk they ended up buying. From what I can tell, the J&M seems to be a good brand, but which model will fit the IS-2?

Looking for any input, thanks!
If you don't mind the cord check out J&M performance series. or for a pretty penny their Elite Series.

If you really would rather NOT have a cord to deal with we do have the option of going Bluetooth and still using the CB... although it gets expensive when you go 2-up and both want to hear the CB. This dongle plugs into the intercom port and broadcasts to any BT headset.