Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed 4" Rinehart Slip Ons Today and.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I love mine. I've got them matched up to V&H Dresser Duals. I now have chrome tips and I like them even better

Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
My first ever set of aftermarket pipes on an HD bike was on my 2010 RKC. I bought a pair of 3.5" Rinehart slip-ons. I did just the slip-ons, they didn't sound great because the cat in the head pipe still had the airflow choked up, I did not do a tuner, or A/C, or new header, just the slip-ons and in less than 400 miles the right side muffler turned yellow/gold color right smack in the middle.

So yes it can happen. I had (3) other people I knew who did the same thing with just the slip-ons and same thing happened, and I had a set of another brand of pipes that the same thing happened to on my 2011 Ultra and after that no pipes for me unless I do a full stage 1 (tuner, pipes, header, A/C)

Trying to save money just ended up costing me more in the end because I had to buy slip-ons twice.
Thanks for chiming in Fire-Medic (and others). Thats exactly the kind of info I needed. I was going to try just slip-ons for a year then do the rest (header, a/c, tuner) next year. Your bad experience with that has changed my mind. I'll just do the whole thing at once. Thanks for the advice. Now, go back to your regular scheduled program. Sorry for the highjack!
Jerry

Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 AM
ripjam
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the 4" Rineharts. I spoke to Rinehart before getting them and they will not warranty the mufflers on a '10 or newer if you get the 3.5" because they will discolor. Also they told me the internals are the same for both. Check out there web page about ordering info and you'll see the 3.5" are only up to '09. (and yes they sound good)

Last edited by ripjam; 04-29-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 AM
strtgld09
Stage II

I also have the 4" Rineharts on my 09 Red Hot Sunglo SG and they are the best sounding & best looking pipes I've ever owned. I also have the V&H dresser duals & stage 1 AC with the Power Commander. The bike runs GREAT!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Next UG = tuner...then you're ready for more/future motor enhancements.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine with Dresser Duals and a Fuel Moto Map....
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...t=IMG_1633.mp4

Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
avguy
Advanced

Man....I actually took mine off now. Contemplating going back to the stock pipes. There seems to be some confusion about this.

Bike is in the garage right now w no pipes on it. Maybe I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say.

All I wanted was my bike to not sound like an electric bike or a Honda Gold Wing.

I appreciate all of your help and answers guys. I'm very fond of this forum.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by avguy
Man....I actually took mine off now. Contemplating going back to the stock pipes. There seems to be some confusion about this.

Bike is in the garage right now w no pipes on it. Maybe I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say.

All I wanted was my bike to not sound like an electric bike or a Honda Gold Wing.

I appreciate all of your help and answers guys. I'm very fond of this forum.
To be heard is to be seen. I can't imagine Rineharts being loud to the point of taking them off with the stock head pipe. Don't go back, you'll end up just spending the money again!

Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
avguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
To be heard is to be seen. I can't imagine Rineharts being loud to the point of taking them off with the stock head pipe. Don't go back, you'll end up just spending the money again!
My goal in all of this was to just have a little volume. I'm not looking for additional power or performance. I have a Ducati for that.

After speaking with the GM (friend) at the dealer I think I'm going Togo with the original setup of stock everything w Rinehart slip ons for now.

I think it will be a safe setup.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 PM
bigmac72
Intermediate

I have a 08 SG. I used the full Rinehart true duals with 4" slipns with Ness Big Sucker and Power commander. Sound is great, not too loud or too quite. Has enough for people to know I am there but not draw attention from my local police. Still getting almost 45 mpg as well. Was probably the best purchase yet!!!!

Quick Reply: Installed 4" Rinehart Slip Ons Today and.....