Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

called a thief

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM
The Nev
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't now about the gift thing but right is right if someone makes a mistake that involves me and I can fix it. I would/have and will continue to do so because it's the right thing to do. If I ever that dang motor mount on the bike I'll let you all know and give a short review.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

You did nothing wrong, I would tell them if I did get two also.

But you didn't, I have no reason to believe you did. So F 'em and move on, you did your part, it's not your problem.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zoozoo
NEV that comment "somebody is lying" would have pissed me off too. She had every right to think that but to say it to a customer is pretty stupid. I would call the company and speak to someone higher up on the food chain and make your complaint. Let them know you will not be buying any more of their products and that you have let your friends on HD forums know about it. Companies don't like this kind of publicity.
This is what I was thinking too, not sure her boss would be happy about her customer service and she may be a bit panicked and trying to cover her mess up.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
criyi
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I don't know if its the same with UPS but according to the US post office if anyone ever sends you something through the mail that you did not ask for, you should "consider it a gift".....you don't need to send it back or pay for it..if you do pay later for it or send it back that is your choice but not required by law...SOOO, that said the company should have never called you, and just sucked it up....it sounds to me like the person who called you did it of there own prerogative , possibly because they had messed up in the past are close to being fired....
Unbelievable...That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Who cares what UPS or the post office says, if something of value was sent to you on accident you should return it. Not because the post office or anyone else says anything, because it's the right thing to do. It's called integrity.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:55 AM
txlen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by criyi
Unbelievable...That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Who cares what UPS or the post office says, if something of value was sent to you on accident you should return it. Not because the post office or anyone else says anything, because it's the right thing to do. It's called integrity.

I agree 100% !!.. That's the RIGHT thing to do and what MORALS and what this country is founded on !!... I sure know I was raised that way !!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 AM
gordo24fan
Tourer

I agree with the above. I've had things delivered to the wrong address and would be pissed if I had to wait extra time to get what was mine because someone decided it was a gift and they were going to keep it. I had a guy a street over that used to always get my UPS packages because for some reason house number meant more than street name to the idiot driver. Instead of calling the company and sending it back he walked over a street and knocked on my door. He is now a good friend. I have respect for him for having that type of integrity

Old 05-06-2012, 12:20 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,526 Likes on 1,421 Posts

1- When she said "Somebody's lying", I would have said "Might be you".
2- Email a pic of the package with details to the owner.
3- Install mount on bike
4- Get over it.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain

As Tony Montana says "All I have in this world is my ***** and my word - and I don't break them for no one."*so ya be pissed then don't do business with them anymore.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 AM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is everyone flaming the OP? How many people bitch about service or a vendor on here? If he was talking about a dealer everyone would be on his side.

To the OP: thank you for sharing a very good reason for me to never do business with that company.

mikebaby

Old 05-07-2012, 05:47 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowMonster
No biggy, you told them the truth, if ya hear back with anything other the an apology, tell them to go fock themselves.
+10 on that you did the right thing and if they screwed up it's on them.

Quick Reply: called a thief