Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from direct harley parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

PM sent!
Originally Posted by 11rkc
ok thanks. i need 59002-98 shipped to 10465.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No idea what it used to be like, but I just got a PowerVision for under $400 and received it in the middle of northern Nevada in 2 days time. That's real fast for around here.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,349 Likes on 3,281 Posts

Dan... i can't PM you a picture of my windshield bracket but this might help...let me know if you need more dimensions...

Attached Thumbnails Do not buy from direct harley parts-dynashield1.jpg   Do not buy from direct harley parts-dynashield2.jpg   Do not buy from direct harley parts-dynashield3.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
Well, that original post is over two years old also. The new person has explained a whole lot in the post he's made over the last couple of weeks. Sounds like new owners and management are in place. Lots of good feedback since the changeover.
I didn't catch that important information. I retract my statement on whether I'd buy from them. I didn't realize the thread was ancient when I commented. I appreciate the correction.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE
I didn't catch that important information. I retract my statement on whether I'd buy from them. I didn't realize the thread was ancient when I commented. I appreciate the correction.
No problem. I'd hate to see someone pass up a good deal on something if they thought the seller was sketchy.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Just following up on my promise to report back on my Bassani RR pipes ordered from Direct Cycle Parts. All went great, got a great price and Frank personally went over to Bassani to pick up my customized exhaust to get them shipped faster to me. All A+s, would order again.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
maryvillept
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I hate to bring this forum back up but I'm having my doubts with them. Been dealin with frank on some 10" Mbb bars. They got my parts out to me quickly however the bars had a couple blems on them and I expect new bars for the price of them. It's been I think 3 wks now and I've called him twice and he answered once and blamed it on yaffe that time. No return call or follow up email since then. I'm no being unreasonable I know it's the holidays but comon an email or simple phone call to let me know something's happening.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maryvillept
Well I hate to bring this forum back up but I'm having my doubts with them. Been dealin with frank on some 10" Mbb bars. They got my parts out to me quickly however the bars had a couple blems on them and I expect new bars for the price of them. It's been I think 3 wks now and I've called him twice and he answered once and blamed it on yaffe that time. No return call or follow up email since then. I'm no being unreasonable I know it's the holidays but comon an email or simple phone call to let me know something's happening.
Bought my D and D ghost pipe from them without issue. All they are is a middle man though.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 PM
roost812
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

okay i've posted about my badly experenced dealings with DCP on this same tread. i'm all about forgive and second chances. I'm about to purchase a set of W/O 515 bars from them and if i get any issues concerning my purchase you can damn well i'll yell from the tree tops until i turn blue in the face, then take a deep breath and yell louder.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Since DHP only sells merchandise that is packaged up from the manufacturer, how is it their fault that the cable housings were cracked?
As far as the poor customer service, well that's another huge issue that will kill any business in short order.
I got great pricing and fast shipping from them, so I have no complaints with them.
I've also had only good experiences with Direct Harley Parts!!! (Now Direct Cycle Parts)

I've ordered two different sets of cams over the past year, at greatly reduced prices, and free, fast shipping!!
I've gotten a few things from them over the years, and every time they've come thru with flying colors.

On my most-recent purchase, I ordered the Andrews 57H cams back in early October; within a couple days, they contacted me directly to let me know they were on backorder... for about 30 days, so they refunded my Paypal account right away. On their website, the Andrews went up $25; I'm guessing due to the popularity? Anyway, a month went by and I received an email telling me the cams were "going to be shipping soon." Did I still want them? I let them know I was still interested. Within a week, they sent me an invoice, with the ORIGINAL price of $225 for the Andrews 57s.

Less than a week went by and I received the cams, shipped for free, at the lower price, just as promised!!
They've got my business, and until something goes wrong, they always will.

Quick Reply: Do not buy from direct harley parts