Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with CD player

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
SIU 96
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help with CD player

Just burned a CD R disk with mp3's using windows media player. I ripped them into the library on the mp3 setting. Got about 65 songs on the disk. Stuck the disk in the HK unit pushed the right handle bar button to toggle through menu it shows cd there but skips over it. What am I doing wrong?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
taximan62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What speed did you burn the disk at. I have found that if you use the fastest speed of your burner the HK Cd player won't read the disk. I always set my burner to burn at the lowest spped like 4X or 8X and the disks work fine.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Does your cd player support mp3 play? If it doesn't say that, then it probably doesn't. You will have to re-burn a new one this time as an audio cd and not a data disc. You can only fit a fraction of songs on it but at least you can get some tunes.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 PM
SIU 96
Tourer

Originally Posted by taximan62
What speed did you burn the disk at. I have found that if you use the fastest speed of your burner the HK Cd player won't read the disk. I always set my burner to burn at the lowest spped like 4X or 8X and the disks work fine.
Interesting, just checked and I am using the highest burn speed and the highest bit rate.
I will try again tomarrow in the slowest burn speed and see what that does.
I read some where once upon a time that windows media does not make mp3's . Maybe some old technoligy with windows , dont know. But mine has a choice of the format to burn into the library.
I am assuming that you chose the highest bit rate as this is suppose to make the quality better. Thanks

Old 07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also burn mine at the slowest setting-- seems to just work better BUT-- also make sure you only place MP3 files on the CD.
I found out that by inadvertently placing even one album picture file (that often come with MP3 files) on the CD it will skip over the MP3's and you can see the file numbers counting up on the HK faceplate.
Same for any other file types that get on the CD by mistake.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by taximan62

yeah, i'd bet this will help you out....i had the same kind of thing..

Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 PM
wuzfuz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Try right clicking on the file you want to save to the disc and cick send to whatever drive your cd burner is. Then it should ask you if you want to burn cd. Always works for me and much easier. The files must be mp3s already though.
WUZFUZ

Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have tried with WMP and I-Tunes to burn a collection of songs. I seem to have problem with player skipping songs. More so with WMP then Itunes. Thought I was having problem with cd player too. I will try slower burn speed.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM
bohica48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this a week or so ago, had the same problem........

After reading through the threads and comments by others I realized that the art work was culprit. I used WMP to remove the art work but still had the same problem with some MP3 files. After a lot of research I found a little program that removes all the art work and other bs that is not needed, an MP3 Tag Remover called ID3KILL. I downloaded it and ran it (very simple to use) and it removed all those unwanted files. I also downloaded MP3Gain and ran it on the MP3 files so I could make the volume levels the same. Burned another CD with WMP and I'm now good to go. NOTE, make sure WMP is set to not "Retrieve additional information from the internet" before burning, this can be found under the Library Options....

Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 AM
SIU 96
Tourer
Default problem solved

Problem solved. Burned the disk at the slowest speed, works great. Dont have to depend on the radio yeeha. My thanks to you all.

Quick Reply: Need help with CD player