Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of the Road glide till 2015.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Given the EPA power, it is a forgone conclusion that at some point HD is going to have to change and cross over to a water cooled engine. They may keep air cooled engines but they will be limited in future designs. For me, I look forward to a water cooled Harley. Nothing stays the same....nothing.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

i have a question...will liquid cooling allow the moco to put a motor with some horsepower in the bike? would really be nice to be able to buy a stock harley that would have the horsepower of a goldwing.
honda saw this coming and moved production of the goldwing back to japan. harley has most of the large touring bike market--water cooling will bring a lot of metric riders into the harley fold. demand for goldwings will fall way off.
if i was a dealer, i would order as many of these as the moco would let me have. there will be production jobs at the moco as they add second and third shifts to keep up with the demand. with all the rubs and posers coming over from the metric bikes, harley stands to make millions just on clothing sales! the dealers are happy to hear that water cooling is coming--they stand to make a lot of money.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
with all the rubs and posers coming over from the metric bikes, harley stands to make millions just on clothing sales!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

can the mods please start shutting some of these ridiculous repeat threads down?

my thread about Hells Angels and police is shut down within 24 hours, but these threads drag on and on.

its all about the bottom dollar around here

Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Terrabella
Road Master

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
can the mods please start shutting some of these ridiculous repeat threads down?

my thread about Hells Angels and police is shut down within 24 hours, but these threads drag on and on.

Forum: A meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest. Nothing wrong with the question.

Last edited by Terrabella; 02-08-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Terrabella
Road Master

Originally Posted by stupid_rope

It's just a question.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite is how the patent of the lower fairing radiators keeps popping up as if its new information.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aces25
My favorite is how the patent of the lower fairing radiators keeps popping up as if its new information.

in every one of these threads someone links to that 2 year old patent as if its some ground breaking discovery that proves harley is going water-cooled tomorrow

Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrabella
Forum: A meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest. Nothing wrong with the question.
educated converstaion - researching a topic before opening your mouth about it.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
i have a question...will liquid cooling allow the moco to put a motor with some horsepower in the bike? would really be nice to be able to buy a stock harley that would have the horsepower of a goldwing.
honda saw this coming and moved production of the goldwing back to japan. harley has most of the large touring bike market--water cooling will bring a lot of metric riders into the harley fold. demand for goldwings will fall way off.
Much can be done with a 2-cylinder motor...look at the BMW 1200 GS. This is their air cooled dual sport (part time dirt bike) that dynos stock at 100/100, HP/TQ. My 103 is probably 500 cc's greater and comes with about 70 HP out of the box. By comparison my FLHTK is like a dump truck...but a loveable one. Still, it would be nice to see what a liquid cooled Harley bagger with a 12:1 CR would feel like.

Quick Reply: End of the Road glide till 2015.