Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:11 AM
Lets Ride NC
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 16 Road Glide

6-6 260#s 36 inseam, 36 arm length.
I have removed the floor boards, went with Accutronics 6" forward controls, last bike had 9" forward controls, 6" is as far as they can go with the newer bikes.
Danny Grey but crack seat, sets me back 2" and down about 2"s
Yaffee 12" bars.
Bike rides like a dream, have done Daytona and PCB rides.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:20 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

What are you tall guys wearing for rain gear ?

I see HD does offer a rain suit in tall sizes, I wonder how the quality is ?

Old 08-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Lets Ride NC
6th Gear

I wear frog Tog

The following 2 users liked this post by Lets Ride NC:
bigiss (08-26-2016), Tall Mike (09-11-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Mike

After melting 2 pairs of pants on my pipes, I'd had enough. I went with the BMW brand pants. They have fire/heat resistant nomex in the areas that come in contact with hot parts. I couldn't be happier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pants are worth every penny.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Mike (09-11-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 08:13 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Mike

I have actually been wearing an HD Hi-Vis suit for years. At 6'6" I am surprised how well it fits.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Mike (09-11-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 09:03 PM
Tavern Monk
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Banana Board Advice...

Have been following a few of the tall rider posts for a few weeks now after grabbing a '16 FLHXS from the dealer at the end of the model for a steal.

I'm 6' 2" with a 34" inseam & feel huge on the bike. Can barely work the rear brake. Don't know what it must feel like for some of you.

Decided on the LePerra Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat and the Tall Boys foot board re-locators.

Next up are the floorboards themselves. Like the looks and reviews on the Cyclesmiths Banana Boards. Trying to decide between the standard and the XL. Not sure if I like the looks of the XL.

You guys that have experience with the Banana Boards... can you provide some feedback & advice?

Looks like the XL fit pretty close to the stock crash bar... will they fit with the Tall Boys relocators?

Last edited by Tavern Monk; 09-13-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Fit Question
Old 09-13-2016, 11:12 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Quickly before your post is removed for not meeting thread height requirement

I have the TB Kit on my 15 SGS toes are slightly higher than heel with the kit and not much clearance in either direction

I'm using a Soft Brake 3" extension EZ brake makes a solid product but doesn't work well with the kit.

Also running a Le Perra Outcast DDL for solo and a Maverick DDL is on its way from eBay for OL riding.

You could get the extended boards and run an EZ brake. They typically add inches in both directions as an alternative, but I like the slight tilt with the TB Kit

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-image.jpeg  
Old 09-13-2016, 11:30 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Better pics. First pic was the issue with EZ brake below is with Soft Brake

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-image.jpeg  
Old 09-14-2016, 07:01 AM
Lets Ride NC
6th Gear
Default Daddy Long Legs seat

Originally Posted by Tavern Monk
Have been following a few of the tall rider posts for a few weeks now after grabbing a '16 FLHXS from the dealer at the end of the model for a steal.

I'm 6' 2" with a 34" inseam & feel huge on the bike. Can barely work the rear brake. Don't know what it must feel like for some of you.

Decided on the LePerra Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat and the Tall Boys foot board re-locators.

Next up are the floorboards themselves. Like the looks and reviews on the Cyclesmiths Banana Boards. Trying to decide between the standard and the XL. Not sure if I like the looks of the XL.

You guys that have experience with the Banana Boards... can you provide some feedback & advice?

Looks like the XL fit pretty close to the stock crash bar... will they fit with the Tall Boys relocators?
I just picked up the daddy long legs seat, very nice seat and very comfortable on longer rides.
I removed my crash bar, it was just in the way, I went with 6" forward controls.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:56 AM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Freedom Shield

Originally Posted by 2010FLHTCU
I'm interested in how your new windshield works out for you. I'm only 6'3, but would like to find a windshield that minimizes buffeting especially when the lowers are on.
I went with a screen from freedomshields.net. It is about 30% thicker than stock windscreens and they allow you to try it out to see if you like it. If you don't you can send it back.

I have it on a 2013 Ultra Classic. It literally stops the buffeting on the highway, even when passing tractor-trailers.

I am 6'4" and weigh 250. the windscreen is 10" and works perfectly. I can see over it when riding upright, and look through it when in La-Z-Boy mode (reclined with feet hanging off the front edge of my Kuryakan extended highway pegs.)

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)