Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Pipes /Scremn' Eagle or Rush

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:31 AM
b_townchops
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loud Pipes /Scremn' Eagle or Rush

have a set of rush slipons slash sut. The smaller the baffle the louder they are. I am personally happy with mine

Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 AM
unclekunkle
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Stash
I switched mufflers and went with a set of 07 Screaming Eagle one piece slash downs for about 300 miles. They sound decent. Louder than stock, but no problem running 70mph for hours. Also, still could hear the radio with out a problem. My wife loved them. It was the first she heard the radio. I switched to Rush 1.75 about a month ago. Unfortunately, I started it up in the garage once after I installed them and that has been it (weather = cold & snow). I want top be able to ride all day without coming home with a headache or ringing ears. I want to hear my radio at 70 mph without blasting it. I still have my SE's and if the Rush don't work, I'll put them back on.
Great thread going here. I think there are a lot of riders, (myself included) that come home with the ringing in theearsrequiringa takeover of the TV volume control. My experience comes from the sound of the Two-Bros slipons installed on my FJR1300. Now with my '07 RG, I'm wantin a little more, (I'm almost satisfied with the enhanced stock '07 exhaust).
Stash, I'll be waiting for your followup report on the Rush 1.75's and how they compared. thanks.

Bay13, thanks for your input on the Rineharts...I've liked these pipes for quite some time now. Are there others out there with Rineharts that have comments on their sound output?

Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 AM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went back to my touring mufflers on my Ultra. I have a set of both type SE mufflers, a set of Bubs and V&H, all too loud for me on a trip.The Rush mufflers with the 1.75 baffles are LOUD!!

The touring mufflers have a deep rumble at idle and have a low rumble on the road.

It is nice riding once again without my earsringing after a long ride!!!!!

As always my .02 worth

SteveO

Old 02-20-2007, 08:47 AM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Easyglide

After a lot of research and talking to folks on this forum, I decided to give the Screamin Eagle One piece slash down street performance mufflers a shot when I did the 5000 mile service. I alsowent with the Stage 1 free flow A/C with theHarley remap. The Slash downs are a little louder than stock to me. They have a nice rumble and do get louder on acceleration. I am very pleased with the sound. I had abefore/after Dyno run thrown in (just full throttle stats) and the remap did richen up the A/F mix just a little in the 2500 -3800 RMP range, where I spend most of my riding time.

According to the Dyno sheet, I gained a little HP and Torque, which was not my primary objective, I must admit. I was just trying to get a little more sound out of the exhaust along with a little cooler A/F mixture. The bike is running well, so I am staying with this set up for the time being.Unless I later change to another after market exhaust, the SERT or PC III would be overkill to me.

The SE slashdowns are a little louder, compared to the 4" SE touring mufflers I have listened to. I don't know if it's the 3 1/2 inch diameter of the exhausts, or the the fact that the slash downs reflect the sound better off the ground. I can state that they arenoticeably louder than stock, but still pleasing to my sensitive ears.

Don't forget to check these out"

OK" I got the Peacemaker mufflers put on Friday night,
it took one and a half hours from time I jacked it up till
I put it down for the first test ride!

www.peacemakersexhaust.com

The ones shown in the link are for a Sportster, the ones
on my Ultra Classic look like the SE Touring one piece
slash cuts..

I rode it 1,000 miles this weekend and all I can say is,
I love these mufflers!

They sound like the (2007) SE touring mufflers in the
quite mode, which is just slightly louder then the stock
(2007) mufflers that come on the Ultra Classic.

Then on the loud mode they sound like a Harley should
sound with that rumbling growl at steady throttle and
when you hit it,it has that real strong bass sounding
sharp bark that a good set of straight pipes has!

Anyone wanting to have the great sound of a Harley
without making enemies of your neighbors or waking
everyone up at a motel or campground early in the
morning, these pipes are for you!

I hope this info. helps people out there that could use
a great product like this...

Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
Are you just having a problem with the Rush mufflers being to loud on long runs or all the time? I'veread of a few people who thoughtthe Rush mufflers with the 1.75" baffles were loud; would switching to the 1.50" baffle help or maybe wearing ear plugs and or a full face helment. Switching back to the Harley Touring mufflers would lower the noise level, but take away somerumble. Wonderwhat the touring mufflers would sound like if you installed a set of V & H true duals with them.
Bill

Old 02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: b_townchops

have a set of rush slipons slash sut. The smaller the baffle the louder they are. I am personally happy with mine
Ok, am I the only one mistaken? I went to the dealer and listened to 2" and 2.25" and the 2.25" were louder. How can they be louder with a smaller outlet hole in the muffler? I am sorry if I am wrong but I thought bigger was louder. Anyone help? Bryan

Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I've got the SE Pro slip-on's 65115-98B on mine,they sound nice,pass the state inspectionbelow the106dbl max . they sound alot nicer than the 88dblstock mufflers that came on the bike.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Dogwood
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HarleyArcher

ORIGINAL: b_townchops

Ok, am I the only one mistaken? I went to the dealer and listened to 2" and 2.25" and the 2.25" were louder. How can they be louder with a smaller outlet hole in the muffler? I am sorry if I am wrong but I thought bigger was louder. Anyone help? Bryan
You are not mistaken,b_twonchops is wrong.
The smaller the baffle the quieter the muffler.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
springerGT
Road Master

Regardless try a set of ear plugs on long rides. They are really nice.

GT

Old 02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the Rush 1.75's and like the compromise. They have a deep rumble at idle and cruise, but bark a bit under acceleration. I don't consider them loud, except related to the stock mufflers, and don't drown out the stereo. My old RK had Samson Rolled Thunder slip-ons and they were loud enough to make my ears ring after a day ride, and although I loved the sound I was tempted to put the stock mufflers back on for touring. These Rush mufflers on the SG don't give me a headache or make my ears ring, but YMMV. The "bark" on acceleration is, well, throaty--but we aren't into the throttle enough for it to cause ear problems, for me anyway. When I first installed the Rush, I thought the bark on acceleration was a bit tinny, sort of like what you might compare to a punched-out stock muffler. As time has progressed, however, they sound better to me. Is the baffle material settling, or am I simply getting used to the new sound?

All that said, I may try the 1.50 baffles just for kicks. Does anyone have these? How do they sound in comparison to my description of the 1.75's?

Quick Reply: Loud Pipes /Scremn' Eagle or Rush