Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reinhart True Duels Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reinhart True Duels Question?

They are good sounding pipes and not all that loud

Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 AM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the RH TDs, minus the little loss of torque down low. If you go for them, I would also contact soos on this forum and get his 3/4 offset for the port floorboard. The RH uses a spacer on the right and Soos can even them up for ya cheap. RH is not as loud as you would think, especially on a bagger. You are heavily shielded by the bags from the sound. I personally think they are on the quiet side of the Harley crowd pipes, but people I am around have pipes that will make your inards shake when they go by.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
ronn39
Road Master

Whaaat!!! Stereo on a bike?!! A radio? I don need no steengking radio! If'n I gotta ride and listen to something besides those Reinharts, if'n I just gotta have "tunes," I'll git me some ear buds,stick anIpod with 3,000 MP tunes in my pocket, crank the volumn up full and blow my ears out so I can't hear the mota.

What's this world coming to?

Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

I called www.bigcitythunder.com and they said you can use their product for $79. It goes between the head pipe and muffler. You can take the baffles out and get a screamin loud sound or you can leave them in a get a nice low good sounding rumble. I want to try these.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Hugh Jass
Tourer

I have them as well. The sound from them is fantastic! Just right, not too loud and not even close to being quiet. When I took off the stock pipes and put the Rhineharts on, my son said, "Now, that's what a Harley is supposed to sound like!"

The only thing I don't like is the left rear passenger floor board is real close to the exhaust. You will definitely need the extenders from soos.

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Cristen
Intermediate

I bought my husband a 2007 Road King Custom. The first thing I did was get rid of the stock pipes, and had the Rinehart True Duals put on the bike. They sound great....a nice throaty rumble at idle, and whenyou get going, they open up nicely.Vance & Hines make nice pipes too, but they are ahigher pitched/blatty sound if you know whatI mean.

I am such a pipe snob, and I am completely satisfied with the Rinehart's, as is my husband.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:58 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

They sound great, they are not bad at cruising sped but when you twist on it, man they really bark. and dont let anybody bs you about the loss of low end torque. You cant feel that on the seat of you pants, unless you have a dyno up your ***, and who cares if you lose 2-3 pounds, the bike runs great, looks grat and sounds awsome, so go for it.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
randlock
Novice

I run my r/h t/d with the quiet baffles. Set the AVC to 2 or three bars and cruise. no problem hearing the tunes. Honestly I sometimes turn it way down while cruising so I can hear that motor breathing...............go for it.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM
drbillk
Tourer

I have RH True Duals on my 04 Ultra. Have to tell you, I love them NOW. However, let me tell you... make sure they have the NEW design mount for the rear cylinder.

First put them on when the bike was brand new. Looked great, sounded great, ran great. Then... took an 1800 mile trip to Sturgis. Somewhere around the Corn Palace... they got louder. Hmmmm. Turns out, the solid mount on the rear pipe (to top of tranny) cracked right at the weld leaving a HUGE hole in the pipe. Nice... stranded in the middle of SD with a hole in my brand new pipes. Found a farmer with a welder... I took photos and welded the pipe back up.

Got home a week later and the dealer had gotten in the replacement from Rinehart. Put it on... about 3 months later... same damn thing.

Third one was a charm. Rinehart now bolts on with a strap clamp instead of a solid mount -- sort of likefactory original. No problem ever since. Look great, sound great, run great... oh, and I have the 95" upgrade and can hear my stereo with no problem... even though I'm losing my hearing with age!

[8D]

Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
rjgraham
Tourer

Guess you have never had a radio

ORIGINAL: ronn39

Whaaat!!! Stereo on a bike?!! A radio? I don need no steengking radio! If'n I gotta ride and listen to something besides those Reinharts, if'n I just gotta have "tunes," I'll git me some ear buds,stick anIpod with 3,000 MP tunes in my pocket, crank the volumn up full and blow my ears out so I can't hear the mota.

What's this world coming to?

Quick Reply: Reinhart True Duels Question?