Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laconia

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 PM
ninetyzero
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laconia

Now I know this isn't related to touring models, but somewhat touring.

I am looking at going to Laconia for the first time next month for bike week, and curious if anyone can recommend any places to stay? Campgrounds or anything like that, relatively cheap, are kind of what I have in mind since I have a bit of a ride to get there. It of course has to be motorcycle friendly as I am not towing.

Also, what are some things to see while I'm there?

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:58 PM
NMNSG08
Road Captain

Basically everything in the laconia area is biker friendly,even not during bike week. The riding is also great in the whole area.I live very close and always look forward to bike week up there but i also ride up there alot not during bike week.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

If you are seriously headed to Rainconia, you better pack your rain gear.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
cohoosier
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the past 4 years I've picked the day it's not going to rain and ride up in the Morning and back in the afternoon 350 miles round trip. We always hit the strip, have a beer at the Broken Spoke then to the huge *** arcade to relive my childhood plus there are a few nice vendores there....check on line just put in Laconia lodging and a bunch of options will pop up.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
ninetyzero
Cruiser

HAHA Got my rain gear.
And I'm used to Myrtle Beach bike week, where they hate bikers

Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ninetyzero
Now I know this isn't related to touring models, but somewhat touring.

I am looking at going to Laconia for the first time next month for bike week, and curious if anyone can recommend any places to stay? Campgrounds or anything like that, relatively cheap, are kind of what I have in mind since I have a bit of a ride to get there. It of course has to be motorcycle friendly as I am not towing.

Also, what are some things to see while I'm there?

Thanks!
Soos got it right about pack your rain gear. But I would also tell you to make sure you take your heavy leather jacket and chaps. Some longies ain't a bad idea either. It can and usually does get a tad cold most weeks. Even June up there is cold.

Laconia bike week is about RIDING. There is a good Vintage Bike race day usually on the MOnday, which would be the 10th this year and the Racetrack on Rt 107.

You also need to ride Rt 302 West to East down through Crawford notch.
Also make sure you take Rt 112 also called the Kankamangus Highway through the white mountains.

Weirs Beach is where the vendors/booze and babes are, and all the traffic. Go there a couple nights.. to get the Tshirts and stuff like that.. but don't spend a lot of time there.

Find some locals here that might take you on some rides with them so you can really see the beauty of New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and all the rest of the beautiful New england area within riding distance.

PS The FOOD. For Fish take Rt 25 east to Cornish Maine and eat at Bay Haven Restaurant. Take your appetite!

There is also a BBQ joint that is pretty good on the intersection of 25 and 16.

The closer you are to Weirs beach the more expensive it is going to be for camping. Try to get a campsite at a state park. There is one at the entrance to Rt 112 and that will be cheaper, better and not too far away from all the action.

See you there! I'm there all week every year.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM
2010 Glide Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
danny4456
Advanced

Start calling around now for a place to stay, because most places near Laconia are going to be booked, if they are not all ready. And prices for a place to stay near to Laconia are sky high! I'm lucky I have a cottage 15 miles away in Sanbornton. Mount Washington is a fun to ride to the top.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Here is a suggestion for some awesome riding if you were to break away from the rally. The NH White Mountains and northern NH are loaded with notches (passes thru the mountains) that are just spectacular. A few of my favorites are the Franconia Notch on RT 3/93, Crawford Notch on RT 302 and Bear Notch on Bear Notch road linking The "Kanc" (Kancamagus) Hwy and RT 302. The Franconia is by far my favorite. It gives me chills every time I ride thru it.

On another note, one of my favorite motorcycle accessories store is Whitehorse Gear in Center Conway. I always hit it when I am up north. Also check out Hurricane Mountain Road. Info on it is at the Whitehorse Gear site. NH's mini version of the Tail of the Dragon. __________________

Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take 93 N through Franconian notch then turn ANYWHERE. (leave a trail of bread crumbs though). Waterville valley is a nice area to ride in as well.

Quick Reply: Laconia