Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexFF
I really dig the fender but $1K is just stupid. You can get a quality rear fender AND extended bags for close to that. All it's doing is stroking HD's ego even more!!!!
True. But the H-D stuff just seems to fit up better than the aftermarket stuff. That is a big plus for those of us with limited fab skills / capabilities.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Don't let the HD hates get to you. I had aftermarket extended bags on my last bike and it costs $425 to get them painted.

Here's what yours will look like.
This is my CVO:

Old 06-20-2013, 03:07 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I guess I'm one of the haters because I just don't like how the plate light and plate just look like an afterthought stuck on there. I do like the tail/stop/turn lights and that the bags aren't so low as to drag on every corner.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:17 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Don't let the HD hates get to you. I had aftermarket extended bags on my last bike and it costs $425 to get them painted.

Here's what yours will look like.
This is my CVO:

Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Was in my local HD dealer yesterday (Bergen Harley) and made some inquiries about the possibility of fabbing my own CVO-style set up. My thought was to pick up the CVO lights (which are REALLY expensive, btw) and have a talented dremel person cut out holes in the current covers (where the antenna comes through- I'd be going to a hidden antenna set up) and laying the lights in from behind. One of the mechanics said that is was impossible because of some tabs that are back there. I guess I have to take him at his word. I cannot STAND the light bar back there.

Another thing that gets to me about the CVO rear from HD is that it, for some sillhy reason, would require me to get rid of my Tri-Bar run/brake light, which I don't want to do because a) I like being seen from behind and b) I paid a couple hundred bucks for that upgrade. Seems so silly that they don't include the Tri-Bar light in the CVO set-up. Lord knows, it could allow them to charge even MORE for it. And as we all know, that's HD's rasion d'etre.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
Was in my local HD dealer yesterday (Bergen Harley) and made some inquiries about the possibility of fabbing my own CVO-style set up. My thought was to pick up the CVO lights (which are REALLY expensive, btw) and have a talented dremel person cut out holes in the current covers (where the antenna comes through- I'd be going to a hidden antenna set up) and laying the lights in from behind. One of the mechanics said that is was impossible because of some tabs that are back there. I guess I have to take him at his word. I cannot STAND the light bar back there.

Another thing that gets to me about the CVO rear from HD is that it, for some sillhy reason, would require me to get rid of my Tri-Bar run/brake light, which I don't want to do because a) I like being seen from behind and b) I paid a couple hundred bucks for that upgrade. Seems so silly that they don't include the Tri-Bar light in the CVO set-up. Lord knows, it could allow them to charge even MORE for it. And as we all know, that's HD's rasion d'etre.
When I put a 2012 Street Glide fender on my bike last winter, I looked at the options the CVO fender had. $700+ I too like the Tri-Bar, and the CVO didn't offer that, I also like to be seen, a buddy has a CVO, I wasn't impressed with the brightness of their tailights.
Just my opinion, everybody is different, that is why Harley Davidson is so successful.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidw221
When I put a 2012 Street Glide fender on my bike last winter, I looked at the options the CVO fender had. $700+ I too like the Tri-Bar, and the CVO didn't offer that, I also like to be seen, a buddy has a CVO, I wasn't impressed with the brightness of their tailights.
Just my opinion, everybody is different, that is why Harley Davidson is so successful.
Are those chrome rings on the lower Harley CVO speaker grills, or are they aftermarket?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:19 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Are those chrome rings on the lower Harley CVO speaker grills, or are they aftermarket?

Yeah, those are chrome rings, but it was a one of a kind deal, very expensive, I just happen to be at the right place at the right time!

Old 06-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Due to a accident on the Parkway, this didn't cost a thing.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End-101_0583.jpg   2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End-101_0587.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
I want to get the CVO rear but just canNOT abide by the cost.
I know what you mean

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End