Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to buy Genuine Harley Oil Filters in bulk online

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

It's the MoCo doing it, not the dealers.....They check the invoices of sales and if they see someone buying items in bulk, it throws up a red flag. They assume that indy's are buying the products and reselling them, taking money away from the dealers/MoCo... The dealers could lose their franchise over it....

Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

MOCO has acknowledged the sales practices and efforts of this dealership many times.

From throughout this region and beyond, the Kutter family of devoted customers has now spread across the country and yet still considers Kutter their home base. With their patronage and loyal support, Kutter has been ranked the #1 Harley-Davidson dealer in the United States, has repeatedly received national and regional awards for technical, customer service, and merchandising, and has annually been honored with the prestigious Harley-Davidson Gold Bar and Shield Circle of Excellence Award, recognizing industry leaders in all facets of sales, service and facilities.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,277 Likes on 831 Posts

I really question the legality of this. I know a seller can limit quanties of things on sale and such. But I'm not at all sure about a manufacturer limiting individuals from purchasing as many as they want to have in their own home.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's ridiculous. Having a sale of more than 3 cancelled? 3!! I said "bulk" but if I owned a shop I'd have 200 on hand not 5,12 or 20! Honestly Harley as a company are a bunch of sc*mb*gs! Obviously there business tactics don't work because they have dealers going out of business everywhere, resulted in having their clothing made in China for 3 cents and selling it in their dealers for 7 million times of what it costs to make, and half my bolts on the bike are metric. I'm sick of hearing how American they are. There is nothing American about Harley anymore. Not there bikes. Not their clothes and certainly not there business tactics. They shouldn't care who is buying from them and how many they are buying. They should be happy about selling! buying in bulk from a dealer is supporting a dealer anyway! There is nothing American about Harley anymore. If they didnt have the whole Harley mistic they would have been out of business a long time ago. I'm new to the Harley scene. Came from 13 years of roadracing Japanese bikes. Not once in 13 years did I ever have a stock motor blow up on me and that's ringing the neck off the throttle and revving near redline almost at all times...I hear nothing but problems out of Harley's and then scu*m#g dealer stories about how they give people crap with their warranties....The more I'm learning about this company the taste in my mouth gets worse... Sorry about the rant. One aggravated patriotic Marine

Last edited by Jersey_Marine; 08-09-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I take it your order was canceled?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I take it your order was canceled?
Actually no...Not yet anyway but just hearing that kind of stuff touches a nerve. An independant hard working red blooded American mechanic I know told me the same thing recently before this thread was started. It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now. It's not even like most dealers have great mechanics (cause they don't). Most dealer techs su*ck...they aren't allowed to think out of the box like a good mechanic. They are like Chef's in chain restaurants. They follow a strict protocol and that's it. No thinking out of the box...no deviation.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine
thank you..just ordered 12 filters from them, a touring air suspension pump and chrome cleaner...free shipping over 99 bucks so I thought I'd put myself over the 99 and I needed those items anyway..great prices.....thank you once again
Do you realize that by posting that they sold you 12 filters (HD policy 3 items max) could result in problems with HD?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by luisan
Do you realize that by posting that they sold you 12 filters (HD policy 3 items max) could result in problems with HD?
Are you kidding me guy? Are you for real? Stop the horse*hi#. I bought and paid for 12 filters. Whatever nonsense that goes on between the big wigs at HD and their dealers I could care less. When I start getting parts for free then HD could have a say. Until then Im a consumer PAYING for parts. Maybe HD wants their customers to start buying aftermarket filters along with aftermarket oil...Then they will get nothing. Thank God for the Magnuson-Moss Act..

Old 08-09-2013, 12:19 PM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine
Are you kidding me guy? Are you for real? Stop the horse*hi#. I bought and paid for 12 filters. Whatever nonsense that goes on between the big wigs at HD and their dealers I could care less. When I start getting parts for free then HD could have a say. Until then Im a consumer PAYING for parts. Maybe HD wants their customers to start buying aftermarket filters along with aftermarket oil...Then they will get nothing. Thank God for the Magnuson-Moss Act..
^^^^^^^ That right there is what I'm talking about^^^^
:icon_pa triot::

Old 08-09-2013, 12:34 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 526 Likes on 364 Posts

Look black filters are like 8 bucks at the dealer. You are better off going to the dealer. OEM sparkplugs go for 4 freaking dollars

Quick Reply: Best place to buy Genuine Harley Oil Filters in bulk online