Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo of my 2014 FLHX In The Dyno From My Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SEPro recent release does have 2014 Touring air cooled and twin cooled maps for all stages.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Fuel Moto has mention dyno break in. IMO wont hurt it.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:21 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just spoke to a buddy of mine who works at a Harley Dealership back where I grew up. I wanted to get an honest opinion from another dealer. He told me I should be fine. He said to drop the oil at 500 miles and still do normal break in procedure when riding and do the 1K service.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 AM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 474 Likes on 253 Posts

Break in on the Dyno is just fine. High dollar race engines are broke in on the dyno every day. They varying rpm's they endure on the dyno and the heat they endure are not a bad thing at all. Wouldnt you rather find out if it can endure Death Valley at the dealer instead of you out there by yourself with no help?? I would....

Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,544 Posts

i would have put a 1000 miles on it before putting it on the dyno, but that's just me.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not to worry my man, Dyno break-ins are very common and will not hurt your motor. They simply put it under varying loads for a given period of time to seat the rings. The oil is usually changed before continuing with power pulls and tuning.
The only thing it does is cost money - if you can afford it, go for it.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:17 AM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i would have put a 1000 miles on it before putting it on the dyno, but that's just me.
My sentiments exactly! Glad its not my bike!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by risuperglidecustomman
My sentiments exactly! Glad its not my bike!
To each his own. I find it comical that after I have consulted with two separate dealerships (one being a personal friend) and both tell me what I'm getting done to my bike is not bad at all that there are still the "worry bees" that hover these threads. Now I'm sure most will get on me for listening to the dealers now. I look at it like this, this is what they do for a living so I will trust their advice. I did the same thing on my 2011 Wide Glide and had no issues.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Looks like they have a nice left ankle cooler. Too bad the air can't get to the engine. If I were you I would change the oil when you get it back. Who knows how hot it got.
Most dealer dynos I've been to have one of those fans on each sides, just saying.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:04 AM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
To each his own. I find it comical that after I have consulted with two separate dealerships (one being a personal friend) and both tell me what I'm getting done to my bike is not bad at all that there are still the "worry bees" that hover these threads. Now I'm sure most will get on me for listening to the dealers now. I look at it like this, this is what they do for a living so I will trust their advice. I did the same thing on my 2011 Wide Glide and had no issues.
I think the problem is that someone else is the one breaking in your bike. Breaking it in on the dyno isnt the problem because the bike doesnt know if its on the dyno or not but how the bike is broken in is very important. If the person riding the bike on the dyno uses the same care and caution you would than there shouldnt be a problem but most people wouldnt trust someone else with something as important as that. The only other problem is tempurature management which has already been commented on in this thread with the fans the dealer is using and more specifically their location.

I think people on this forum are worried for you and are expressing their concerns not bashing or trying to be negative.

Quick Reply: Photo of my 2014 FLHX In The Dyno From My Dealer