Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 hidden antenna install and radio views

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bingram1
Was wondering about that but saw you have the 6.5 radio. Interested to see if its in there or not.
I could not find anywhere in the options to turn off the intercom. Makes sense since my bike is not equipped with it but I looked anyway.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
ron1z
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer is changing out my Radio tomorrow on my SG. They said HD is aware of the problem.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:04 PM
ron1z
Advanced

Just finished installing my new HD hidden antenna. Easy job and the wiring is already there for you, jest plug and play.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ron1z
Just finished installing my new HD hidden antenna. Easy job and the wiring is already there for you, jest plug and play.
Did you notice any change in reception?

Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for the pictures and the write up. The hidden antenna is definitely on my list of things to do to get the tour-pak removable.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:43 PM
ycats
Novice

so we just installed the J&M 4 channel amp with the boom audio hidden antenna and can't hardly get any radio stations to come in. Got one but there was a lot of static. Installed exactly to the instructions. Is this the issue stated below that H-D is aware of? Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or any suggestions on what to do (besides other forms of media)? It is just irritating to me to have something not working as it should.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

get rid of the Harley hidden antenna, plug the rear one back in so that you know that is the problem ,,,,, then use one of the J&M in-fairing antennas for better operation ,,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....D=FPA-HCFM14-P ,,,,

Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 AM
ycats
Novice

Hi John, we did unhook the inner fairing one and ran the old one and had the same issue. Not to be cynical but I already forked out $70 for the Harley antennae which I am sure they won't take back since it has been hooked up; how do I know I won't run into the same issue with the J&M one you recommend? As always; thank you for your quick response!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:01 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ycats
Hi John, we did unhook the inner fairing one and ran the old one and had the same issue. Not to be cynical but I already forked out $70 for the Harley antennae which I am sure they won't take back since it has been hooked up; how do I know I won't run into the same issue with the J&M one you recommend? As always; thank you for your quick response!
I have the J&M hidden FM antenna. It works at least as good as the external whip antenna for me.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM
ycats
Novice

so the local H-D shop is telling me that the reason my Boom Audio hidden antenna doesn't pick up anything but static is b/c I need to purchase the Fairing Power Extension Harness P/N 69200921. Doesn't make sense to me but has anyone purchased this and does it have anything to do with the strenght of the antenna signal???? Going to order the J&M one and swap it out and see if there is a difference in the meantime.

Quick Reply: '14 hidden antenna install and radio views