Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Clutch problems, 2014 ULTRA LIMITED

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Didn't they put a longer clutch cable on your bike with your $1200 handlebar install?

Sounds like they didn't bleed the lines properly when they finished the job.

ding ding ding we have a winner that's what it sounds like.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:48 PM
digger2255
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch

Mine did the same thing it has been in the shop for over a week they said it was a defective clutch booster parts still on order!!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by digger2255
Mine did the same thing it has been in the shop for over a week they said it was a defective clutch booster parts still on order!!!!
I called MOCO on Monday, told them my situation, they overnighted a master cylinder, actuator, and clutch cable to the dealer. On Tuesday he replaced the parts, except for the clutch cable, the one I have is diamondback, they sent stock, dealer didn't think there was an reason to replace it. Picked up the bike that afternoon, everything was fine, took it out this morning for about 3 hours, again, everything running the way it's supposed to. Hopefully this is the end of that episode!

Old 09-25-2013, 04:59 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,544 Posts

i like the clutch cable and throttle cable that's been on my evo for the last twenty years and never gave me any problems. no need for wireless throttles and hyd. clutchs.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
Good for you, I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam, and the bike doesn't fit me, you think I'm making it up? I come on this forum because many people have insights into problems that affect many of us, not to be made fun of.
And yet you still bought it. So the statute of limitations on complaining ran out when you bought an ill fitting bike. But I am glad you got your clutch sorted out.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:10 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Hmmmm, not many posts from any of you given your join date? May be out of line but just sayin?
Who gives a rats *** how many posts someone has? If two people with a different number of posts ask the same question, is the question any different?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
I've had my Limited for 3 or 4 weeks now, 1700 miles on it, aside from all the issues with cramped quarters, uncomfortable seat, having to put floorboard extensions and highway pegs way down low so I can get my feet into a position that's rideable, I now come up against a clutch problem that as of about an hour ago, has made the bike completely unrideable. On Saturday I got on the bike and when I put it in gear, it took off on me, no matter how far I pulled in the clutch, I couldn't keep it from moving forward, then I couldn't find Neutral, and then it became very difficult to shift bio 2nd. Managed to get it to the dealer where they flushed the hydraulic system and bled it. Dealer had told me they had done this with another bike, and it really wasn't a permanent solution. The Mechanic also told me, and here I apologize if I get it wrong, that the minimum spec for the clutch plate? was 80thousands inch? and that they could only get it to 76. Dealear wrote a work order and said he would call Tech service today, Monday. I was able to ride the bike with no problems for the rest of the day. This Morning I got on, and same problems I had before they flushed and drained the system. Got it over to dealer to inform them I was no better off and to make sure they were doing something about it. Went home, got back on the bike after a half hour, and this time there was no controlling the bike, it was lurching forward like a Porpoise and making a terrible banging sound. I called Milwaukee, got a service repair number, called dealer, told him Milwaukee was waiting for his called, dealer sent trailer over to pick up my bike. don't know when I 'll see it again, Pissed, Angry, Frustrated!!!
My 2014 Limited fits me fine; I love the seat, extremely comfortable. I am 6 feet tall with 30" inseam. Will put highway pegs on but not required to ride in comfort, at least for me. Best new Harley I have owned

Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by qtrracer
And yet you still bought it. So the statute of limitations on complaining ran out when you bought an ill fitting bike. But I am glad you got your clutch sorted out.
You're right, and I'm happy to say, things are working out, today's ride was very pleasant and enjoyable. I'm getting it dialed in just fine. I also have to say, I've had an '08 RK, a '10 LIMITED, and a '12 FATBOY, and none of them fit me when I bought them, but with a little effort, they became very comfortable and enjoyable rides, this one is too. I admit, I do a lot of bellyachin', but I really like this bike, I've liked all my bikes!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:53 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have a 12 RGC CVO with the hydraulic clutch. It has performed well for 8,000 miles so far. My 12 Night Rod Special has 5,000 miles on the hydraulic clutch.

I feel for you on the new machine. But I would suggest one thing. The moment it happens stop, turn it off and call for them to pick it up. Trying to bang it into gear is not a good idea when the clutch is not working.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:56 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have a 12 RGC CVO with the hydraulic clutch. It has performed well for 8,000 miles so far. My 12 Night Rod Special has 5,000 miles on the hydraulic clutch.

I feel for you on the new machine. But I would suggest one thing. The moment it happens stop, turn it off and call for them to pick it up. Trying to bang it into gear is not a good idea when the clutch is not working.
Thanks for the advice, I'll heed it in the future if this ever happens again, but for now, everything is fixed and working fine!

Quick Reply: Serious Clutch problems, 2014 ULTRA LIMITED