Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Tall Boy or Leather Low Profile

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Rumbles
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Harley Tall Boy or Leather Low Profile

Help me out, the Harley Tall Boy or Leather Low Profile seats are in my budget range. I have read a fair amount of good on the Tall Boy and not a lot of info on the Leather Low Profile. I want to sit back and down, 6"2" and really feel cramped on my Electra Glide Ultra. Not crazy about the looks of the Tall Boy but looking for comfort over cool.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm never a fan of raising my center of gravity. Low and back is how I like my seat.

Look outside of H D, pleanty of great aftermarket seats.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 AM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumbles
Help me out, the Harley Tall Boy or Leather Low Profile seats are in my budget range. I have read a fair amount of good on the Tall Boy and not a lot of info on the Leather Low Profile. I want to sit back and down, 6"2" and really feel cramped on my Electra Glide Ultra. Not crazy about the looks of the Tall Boy but looking for comfort over cool.
I bought the Tallboy and took another 1" of foam off the back.
If I were to do it again I would take the stock seat and re-shape it to see if that would work. You're gonna buy a new one anyway.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
bbuckis
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm 6' 5" although I didn't really feel cramped on my Road King Classic. The seat was uncomfortable on rides over 100 miles.
Tried out the Tall Boy seat at the Harley Dealer. Didn't like how it raised the seat height.
Went with a Mustang seat. Yes, It is more money, but I think it was worth it.
It claims to move you back about 1.75" and lowered the seat height about a half a inch. Was much more comfortable on the longer rides.
With the Mustang seat on my Road KIng, it feels like sitting on a Heritage Softail Classic. Kind of that more in than on feeling, that the Heritage gives you.

Last edited by bbuckis; 01-11-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Rumbles
Tourer

Originally Posted by bbuckis
I'm 6' 5" although I didn't really feel cramped on my Road King Classic. The seat was uncomfortable on rides over 100 miles.
Tried out the Tall Boy seat at the Harley Dealer. Didn't like how it raised the seat height.
Went with a Mustang seat. Yes, It is more money, but I think it was worth it.
It claims to move you back about 1.75" and lowered the seat height about a half a inch. Was much more comfortable on the longer rides.
With the Mustang seat on my Road KIng, it feels like sitting on a Heritage Softail Classic. Kind of that more in than on feeling, that the Heritage gives you.
It raised you up? Harley claims same height as stock, 2" back. I have read where the older version raised you up, but your bike looks like a late model.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:41 AM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a tall boy that is collecting dust, hate the thing! It only moves you UP! like WAY UP. I'm also 6ft2 and will say get a badlander I have one & love it. Though I'm thinking of sending the tall boy off to get it modded for longer rides that I want more back support.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Rumbles
Tourer

Originally Posted by TO34
I have a tall boy that is collecting dust, hate the thing! It only moves you UP! like WAY UP. I'm also 6ft2 and will say get a badlander I have one & love it. Though I'm thinking of sending the tall boy off to get it modded for longer rides that I want more back support.
is this the early tall boy seat like pre 2008?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD Tall Boy seat and a Mustang solo for my 09 Ultra. I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam. I find the riding position with the Tall Boy to be much better than the stock seat, but the Mustang solo is what I prefer. Since I bought the Mustang, the only time the Tall Boy is on my bike is if I am riding two up.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 PM
bbuckis
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumbles
It raised you up? Harley claims same height as stock, 2" back. I have read where the older version raised you up, but your bike looks like a late model.
My bike is a 2012. I put the Tallboy dealer sample seat on. Took it out for a 30 minute ride. Hated it from the first minute. Felt like it raised me up at least 1 inch. Not a bad seat otherwise. Probably would've been more comfortable than the stock seat on a longer ride.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:54 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A lot of these post are confusing without adding your model year. The older model tallboy does move you up without a doubt but for 09to current it claims to be stock hieght

Quick Reply: Harley Tall Boy or Leather Low Profile