Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king classic to ultra limited

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I went from a 09 RKC to 11 limited.
Ultra limited pros
A ton of storage
Excellent wind management/no buffeting
Heated handgrips
Radio, speakers, mp3, cb radio, intercom, CD player.
Gauges in front of you
Cons
Heavier
Heavy steering from fairing
Difficult slow speed maneuvering.

The limited is the best long distance motorcycle in Harley's line up

Old 12-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd also consider the Ultra (non water cooled).

Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 AM
1roadking
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts

I switched from a 2005 roadking classic to a 2013 ultra limited this year and could not be happier. I wouldn't even consider going back. The wind protection, radio, tour pack and heated grips make the bike a pleasure to ride.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

I actually went the other direction. Had my 11 Limited less than 8 months, traded it in on an 11 RKC. I'm not a fairing guy.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 AM
avguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here is the deal. I had a 2012 Street Glide that I loved. It was a great bike. The problem that I had with it was buffeting. I tried everything. I couldn't get past 60 mph without it killing me. So, I decided to get something with no fairing.

The RKC is a great bike, and I love it. Its just that I went on a few trips this year, and found that locking luggage, a stereo, (I had to use headphones) (spoiled), was kind of annoying.

Then they come out with the new fairing and supposedly the buffeting is gone. Man...... I am also kind of leery, based on them coming out with a new Road Glide.

What to do....what to do.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I sold my street glide because of the buffeting too and I went to a road king. When the new 2014's came out I was wondering how the new fairing would do. The test ride proved that for me, it was 100% better so I traded the road king for a new ultra. The vent makes a tremendous difference although I also now have lowers whereas the street glide didn't.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 2011 RKC classic and made the mistake of renting a Ultra Limited on vacation. Came home and bought the same model. My wife finds the Ultra much more comfortable and the tour pack is really convenient. With the proper windshield, the fairing bike is much more comfortable for long rides. I looked into all the mods I would have to make to turn the RK into a like bike and it was better to just bite the bullet and get the Electra already made up. Yes, its a bit more to handle at slow speeds but not a lot. The biggest change is how you mount the bike. You have to use the step through method as opposed to the leg over method if you are vertically challanged like me. Not a big deal but takes a bit of getting used to.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 99 RK for ten years now, I just picked up an 03 Ultra. We took it to Daytona this past October. Comparing those two bikes, I love the wide open view of the RK (no dash) and I love the overall looks of the RK. However, it was really nice having that tour pac on vacation. Between my stuff and my girlfriends stuff, we just used the tour pac to store everything for our rides during the day. I never even opened my saddlebags that week. The radio sure was nice.

My RK has 14" apes and no lower fairings so I can really stretch my legs out. I may be alone on this opinion BUT, with the batwing fairing, lowers and the stock bars the Ultra feels like I'm riding a Vespa scooter around. I mean it really feels tiny compared to the RK.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2010 limited and an 04 road king. I had the limited before the the RKC and I think that the RKC is a much easier bike to handle at slow speeds, and I have a great stage one on it and love the power and simplicity of the bike, but it when come to the very long haul, I opt out for the limited. The RKC is my daily ride and around town but the FLHTK is the road tripper. However, I love them both!!!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 417 Posts

Wait on the new and improved FUGLY. It will be worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Road king classic to ultra limited