Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Forum Chromer is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The wheels are gorgeous.
Great work...
Myron

Old 04-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by petdoc94
They sure do look nice... Great option...Thanks for the info, looks like quality work..
Thank you!

Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 PM
rocknride71
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Those look amazing! I want a set! I'll be emailing you!

Originally Posted by Sport Chrome
Thank you Paul for the kind words. Very glad you like your wheels!

Shorty07ultra and JCleary, very good question to ask.

Yes, we do protect the bearing races, rotor bolt holes, belt pulley bolt holes or the cush drive hub slot, as is the case with 2009 and later HD Touring model wheels.

There are two ways to do it. Depending on the wheel, we will either use a "stop-off" paint, designed to mask plating. Or if the wheel is one of the more popular styles that we see a steady flow of, we will utilize custom built racks that direct plating away from the areas we do not want it on.

With the racks, the end result is good thick plating on the rim, hub and spoke area and only a thin "flash" of plating inside the bearing races, threaded holes & hub slot. It's such a thin layer of plating that it is almost impossible to measure, but also enough to maintain good corrosion resistance. It also gives a good uniform / seamless look.

With the stop-off paint we find that it can create a rough edge of where the plating starts and stops. Another issue is that when wheels are going through the nickel plating process they are exposed to 160 degree heat and this can cause the stop-off paint to roll back from 45 degree angles like the edge of a bearing race.

So the best way to do the wheels is on a custom built rack. We have access to every needed rack for touring model wheels from 1986-2014

For interested members. We are currently adding the 2014 FLHX wheels to our exchange inventory. We already have wheels in our exchange rotation for all 1986-2013 models. We are also happy to chrome your actual wheels like Paul had done. Feel free to send me an email or pm and I will extend a special deal that I'm only doing for forum members.

I’m adding some photos of the wheels as a set, then some close up shots of the hub & bearing races so you can see what the thin layer of plating looks like.

Thanks again Paul. Shorty07ultra & JCleary I hope I answered your question. Please let me know if I can answer more.

JR
Sport Chrome

Old 07-15-2015, 03:12 PM
bottomgun
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Will the wheels from a 2014/2015 Ultra fit a 2012? If so is it possible to trade in the 28 spoke knuckle wheels for the impeller model or do you have a same type replacement policy?

Old 07-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bottomgun
Will the wheels from a 2014/2015 Ultra fit a 2012? If so is it possible to trade in the 28 spoke knuckle wheels for the impeller model or do you have a same type replacement policy?
The 2014-2015 Street Glide wheels (Enforcer) will fit on your 2012 model (will fit 2009-2013)

In addition you will need to purchase two front discs. The hardware for the front discs, wheel installation kits, and for sure a front tire, you can re-use your rear tire if it is good. Your rear disc and belt pulley are the same from 2009-2015 so you would just swap your parts over on to your new chrome rear wheel (We also keep mirror polished rear discs and chrome belt pulleys in stock if needed)

Now the only bummer is that you can not swap your 2012 wheels with us for 2014-2015.

The best way to do this conversion (in my opinion) is to purchase a take-off set on eBay for about $600. Then send the wheels and discs to us to be chrome plated and mirror polished. We have a great special where you can have both wheels chrome plated for $645, or both wheels chrome plated, front discs mirror polished and the front disc hardware chrome plated for $795.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Old 07-16-2015, 04:43 PM
hanny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2014-2015 Street Glide wheels (Enforcer) will fit on your 2012 model (will fit 2009-2013)

The best way to do this conversion (in my opinion) is to purchase a take-off set on eBay for about $600. Then send the wheels and discs to us to be chrome plated and mirror polished. We have a great special where you can have both wheels chrome plated for $645, or both wheels chrome plated, front discs mirror polished and the front disc hardware chrome plated for $795.

boy that is an incredible price there kid's,,,,,,,,,, and trust me the finish, professionalism and quality is perfect. paul

Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 PM
BKSinAZ
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Those rims look sweet.... got me thinking.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:35 AM
bottomgun
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

In addition you will need to purchase two front discs. The hardware for the front discs, wheel installation kits, and for sure a front tire, you can re-use your rear tire if it is good. Your rear disc and belt pulley are the same from 2009-2015 so you would just swap your parts over on to your new chrome rear wheel (We also keep mirror polished rear discs and chrome belt pulleys in stock if needed)

Now the only bummer is that you can not swap your 2012 wheels with us for 2014-2015.

Awesome. Thank you.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Still waiting to see some pics of black chrome. I have items I would like to have done to compliment the Daytona Blue Pearl paint on my 2014 Limited.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hanny
boy that is an incredible price there kid's,,,,,,,,,, and trust me the finish, professionalism and quality is perfect. paul
Thank you Paul!

Quick Reply: New Forum Chromer is INCREDIBLE!!!!