Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vindikta 14"Apes 1-1/2 diameter

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 PM
sdavis7492
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock length cables?

Originally Posted by Brykwil
No,just rerouted.
Those are stock length brake and clutch cables? I am getting 13" bars put on my 14 Limited and they said it needs longer brake and clutch cables.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:20 PM
JiXeR
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdavis7492
Those are stock length brake and clutch cables? I am getting 13" bars put on my 14 Limited and they said it needs longer brake and clutch cables.
hate to bring up an old thread, but i'm curious on the same question. i'm hopefully ordering my 14" vindiktas soon, and i want to make sure i get everything i need. i'll get the 15" extensions from namz, but do i need the clutch and brake cables to? i've been told that stock cables on a '14 ultra limited will work for a 14" ape. is that correct?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:14 PM
glider1993
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They look good but they are a little pricey for me, if i'm looking at the right website...$350...I thought the la choppers bars I have were high..but great looking bike

Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 AM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by glider1993
They look good but they are a little pricey for me, if i'm looking at the right website...$350...I thought the la choppers bars I have were high..but great looking bike
is there a cheaper (similar style) that you would recommend?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:46 PM
glider1993
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JiXeR
is there a cheaper (similar style) that you would recommend?
That's why I went with LA CHOPPERS twin peaks. Look good enough for me and less than $200. I'm not paying $350+ just for bars...yea I'm a tight *** but money well spent on my end.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:11 PM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by glider1993
That's why I went with LA CHOPPERS twin peaks. Look good enough for me and less than $200. I'm not paying $350+ just for bars...yea I'm a tight *** but money well spent on my end.
i can understand that. i got cleared from the wife to get the apes, but wonder if i got some cheaper ones i could get some new highway pegs too. lol. so, do you know if those la chopper ones work with the heated grips on the ultra?

Old 10-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master

hate to bring up an old thread, but i'm curious on the same question. i'm hopefully ordering my 14" vindiktas soon, and i want to make sure i get everything i need. i'll get the 15" extensions from namz, but do i need the clutch and brake cables to? i've been told that stock cables on a '14 ultra limited will work for a 14" ape. is that correct?
I put a set of 12" Yaffe apes on my 09 Street Glide and there is no way the stock cables would have worked. I went with 6" over cables and it worked out fine. I think 4" over work have probably worked. I know we are talking about slightly different bikes but I would be surprised if stock cables will work with 14s.

I took a slightly different approach than most when I did my bar swap. I did them myself during the winter down time so I wasn't worried about missing any riding time. Anyway, I ordered just the bars first - put them on and then measured for the correct cable lengths. It took about a week to get the cables in before I could start but this is best way to make sure you get the right length.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:34 PM
wheelzk
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get er done. Looks awesome

Old 10-03-2014, 03:38 PM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mr HOG
I put a set of 12" Yaffe apes on my 09 Street Glide and there is no way the stock cables would have worked. I went with 6" over cables and it worked out fine. I think 4" over work have probably worked. I know we are talking about slightly different bikes but I would be surprised if stock cables will work with 14s.

I took a slightly different approach than most when I did my bar swap. I did them myself during the winter down time so I wasn't worried about missing any riding time. Anyway, I ordered just the bars first - put them on and then measured for the correct cable lengths. It took about a week to get the cables in before I could start but this is best way to make sure you get the right length.
thanks for the input. i guess i could go that route, but seeing that this bike is my only form of transportation, i can't really have it be down that long. i guess i'll have to keep looking around. still getting mixed answers on the cables. my brother has a '14 street glide and just put 13" la chopper bars on, and he used stock cables. so, i'm really not sure what to do here.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master

thanks for the input. i guess i could go that route, but seeing that this bike is my only form of transportation, i can't really have it be down that long. i guess i'll have to keep looking around. still getting mixed answers on the cables. my brother has a '14 street glide and just put 13" la chopper bars on, and he used stock cables. so, i'm really not sure what to do here.

Have some longer cables on hand in case you need. If not, send them back for refund.

Quick Reply: Vindikta 14"Apes 1-1/2 diameter