Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6-1/2" Kicker Speakers on my SE Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Looking at his sig pic and from the title I would guess an 2008 Ultra CVO?
At least it looks the same.
The bike in my avatar is my old '05 ElectraGlide Classic and then I traded that off for my '08 SE Ultra with the SE race exhaust and 4" Rhineharts. Stock HK head unit.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Keep in mind CVO audio setups are 1 ohm speakers.
I thought only the speakers used in the lowers were 1 ohm?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondChance!!
The bike in my avatar is my old '05 ElectraGlide Classic and then I traded that off for my '08 SE Ultra with the SE race exhaust and 4" Rhineharts. Stock HK head unit.
Ah, I guessed the right year but wrong pic. That was the only one I could find that was a cvo and matched your sig pic, what color is your 08? And are you enjoying that we are almost giving you no help with your question!

If you really want to improve the sound I would replace the stock amp with a more powerful one and that would open the door to many other speaker options.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

If you get a new amp try the soundstream TN4.900D plenty of power it's what UltraNutZ runs.and it will mount right up in your tourpak.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:40 AM
SecondChance!!
Road Master

Originally Posted by ALUCARD19
If you get a new amp try the soundstream TN4.900D plenty of power it's what UltraNutZ runs.and it will mount right up in your tourpak.
In the tourpak or under it? I have found that the factory amp is UNDER the tourpack, outside. I do not want it inside the tourpack of for I use it too much to give that up. I am wanting to try to put it in the faring like my old I done up a while back.

And no, I do not have lower speakers nor do I want them.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
I thought only the speakers used in the lowers were 1 ohm?
you're probably right. I don't fool with CVOs much.. they're a pain...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

In the tourpak or under it? I have found that the factory amp is UNDER the tourpack, outside. I do not want it inside the tourpack of for I use it too much to give that up. I am wanting to try to put it in the faring like my old I done up a while back.

And no, I do not have lower speakers nor do I want them.
if you're sticking with the boom audio amp, then you'll want to stay with 2 ohm speakers. Replacing 2 ohm speakers with 4 ohm speakers is very feasible providing you have enough power to compensate for the higher ohms. The boom audio does not afford you that luxury.

Check out the Infinity Kappa 62.11i, and there are plenty of other 2 ohm speakers out there. With any 6.5" speaker upgrade to the fairing you'll need the 6.5" adapter rings as well.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
if you're sticking with the boom audio amp, then you'll want to stay with 2 ohm speakers. Replacing 2 ohm speakers with 4 ohm speakers is very feasible providing you have enough power to compensate for the higher ohms. The boom audio does not afford you that luxury.

Check out the Infinity Kappa 62.11i, and there are plenty of other 2 ohm speakers out there. With any 6.5" speaker upgrade to the fairing you'll need the 6.5" adapter rings as well.
I knew that about the rings for I had to do that with my EG and upgrade. I just missed an ARC 125 amp, 6-1/2's and tweeters on E-bay. Waited till I got home to look at on my home comp and they were gone!! Damit!!!! LMAO!!!!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:04 AM
06Cummins
Road Captain

I knew that about the rings for I had to do that with my EG and upgrade. I just missed an ARC 125 amp, 6-1/2's and tweeters on E-bay. Waited till I got home to look at on my home comp and they were gone!! Damit!!!! LMAO!!!!
Check out the classifieds here I seen a couple amps for sale. I went with CS65 kicker 6.5 ($70 at best buy) in my front (since that's all I got) running arc amp they sound sweet!!!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 AM
backplay
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Benefits of running 1ohm: More power = louder

Benefits of running 4ohm: -Less stress on the electrical system -longer life from your amp because it wont be producing as much heat -better sound quality due to more resistance, which provides more control from the amp.

Quick Reply: 6-1/2" Kicker Speakers on my SE Ultra?