Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 01:58 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra

I just finished installing the 2014 detachable Tour-Pac Kit on my Ultra, and I thought I'd post the results for those of you who were considering adding this mod. I was completely surprised that Harley included everything you need to install this kit! It took about 3 hours to complete, and most of this time was spent deciding how to run the bag light wiring. It was pretty straight forward, but you will need the service manual to do it correctly. Remove the Tour-Pac from the base, then remove the base from the bike, install the 4 point docking hardware, install the bag lights, install the antenna relocation kit, install the license plate relocation kit, and then plug everything into the 4-plug harness that's supplied form the kit. I was concerned at first with the external wiring for the bag lights, but once you get everything tie wrapped down, and the bags back on the bike, the wiring is not very noticeable. I tie wrapped the left and right plugs for the bags lights onto the back of their respective shocks, so unplugging the lights when you need to remove the bags is quite simple. The main wiring harness attaches to a post on the front of the battery box, so there isn't a huge clump of wire to stuff under the seat! While I prefer the look of the Street Glides light bar, fender, and license plate, this kit is exactly what I needed. Did this kit turn my Ultra Classic into a sexy Street Glide? No, but it turned out quite nice. My only complaint about this kit was the fact that wire for the antenna relocation kit could have been 4 inches longer than what they supplied. All in all it was well worth the $455 that Surdyke Harley charged me for the Kit.

DJK

Attached Thumbnails New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0746.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0747.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0749.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0756.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0755.jpg  

Old 02-01-2014, 02:03 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default A few more pics

Some close-up pics

Attached Thumbnails New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0757.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0754.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0751.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0752.jpg  
Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Shayba
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That came out nicely! I ordered my kit from the same place you did...awaiting arrival and it should be here Monday.

Guess I should change my sig pic as I now ride a 2014 Ultra Classic. That's a story for another day. Congrats!!

Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Shayba
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That came out nicely! I ordered my kit from the same place you did...awaiting arrival and it should be here Monday.

Guess I should change my sig pic as I now ride a 2014 Ultra Classic. That's a story for another day. Congrats!!

Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for this thread all day! I'm on the fence about the kit. i want the smoked lenses and you have to buy them separately.

Great job on the install. Great pics. Is that the stock seat still on the bike? Any other tips for this install? Any tips about installing the lights in regards to the adhesive?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

That bike is just as sexy as a Street Glide IMO. Nice job and thanks for posting

Old 02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Barmats
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice write-up and pics, thanks - have been thinking about doing this, too.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:23 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice. I ordered from Hales HD the day after they announced the kit. It hasn't arrived yet. I'm jealous.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:30 PM
TAMUFAN
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this! I have ordered the kit for my bike and can't wait to install it. Nice bike!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Can you post a picture of the bike with the tour-pak attached?

Thanks

Quick Reply: New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra